Chapter 5

Maddie's POV

We've been on the road a while we've all agreed that Rick is our new leader. Maggie and I have been distant I don't know why. Beth and I got closer. Rick and Daryl are on a gas run right now so we are all waiting on them to get back.

We heard leaves crunch and looked behind us to see a smiling Rick. "What?" I asked. "I think we have a place we can stay" Rick replied still smiling. We followed him to a prison. Rick made a decision that we would sleep in the field tonight but there's a problem. Someone has to close the main gate or walkers will get us. I was told to stay back and help Beth with destracting walkers. Rick was gonna run and close it.

He did it. Rick closed the gate now we have a place to sleep. "Beth will you sing for us?" Daddy asked her. She hesitated but started singing parting glass. I stayed silent, I'm not close to anyone really except for Maggie and Beth but Beth's singing and Maggie is ignoring me and I don't know why. After Beth sang we all went to sleep.

The Next Morning

I was told to stay back and help the others again, but they let Maggie go. I suddenly felt like I was gonna pass out. I was right, I got dizzy and everything went dark.

Again I was sitting alone by this tree. Katia, Margo, Jimmy, Momma, Uncle Otis, Aunt Patrica, Sophia, and Shawn appeared. "You've made it" Margo said hugging me. "Made it where?" I asked. "You made it to the prison" My mom replied. "Do I have to pass out to see y'all?" I asked. They all nodded. Figures. I sat and talked to momma for a while before they told me they had to go.

I wake up to see no one in my cell. Wait I thought I passed out outside. I get up and walk out of the cell to see daddy passed out with one leg. "What the hell" I said. Everyone turns to look at me. "A walker bit him, we had to take the leg off" Maggie said not being able to actually look at me. I walk off frustrated. That's why I passed out. "You need to stop scaring the shit out of us by passing out" Glenn said laughing a little. "It's not my choice" I say simply.