Chapter 17

Maddie's POV

"We know where Beth is" Daryl burst through the door with a unfamiliar face behind him. "What?" I said jumping up and running over to Daryl. "She's in a hospital, they have Carol too" Daryl said looking at Rick. While they discussed how to get Beth back I was talking to the new guy.

"Hey I'm Maddie" I said walking up to him. "Hi I'm Noah" He replied with a kind smile. He stuck his hand out for me to shake but I just hugged him. "Beth talked about you alot" Noah said as we pulled apart. "What'd she say about me?" I asked. "She said you had long brown hair, green eyes, and that you were beautiful" Noah replied. "She was right about the beautiful part" Noah said. "Well she was right about all of it but thank you" I said smiling. Noah is kinda cute. I hugged him again before walking back over to Tara.

"Noah's pretty cool" Tara said once I sat down. "Yeah he is" I said still smiling. "What's up with you?" Tara said now smiling. "Nothing" I replied holding my fist out. Tara nodded and gave me a fist bump.

"Okay we've made a plan to get Beth back" Rick said making everyone gather around him. "I'm going with Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, Maria, Tara, Maggie, and Glenn" I announced to Rick. He nodded and I began my goodbyes.

After saying a bunch of goodbyes to people that didn't really care about me I got into the bus and sat in the seat across from Tara. "Can I ask you guys something?" I asked Maggie and Glenn. "Sure" they said at the same time. "Why'd you want to leave me?" I asked. "We didn't want to but we didn't want to argue with Rick" Glenn replied. I nodded and turned back around.

Tara and I were talking about life before all this happened when the bus started to break down as we slowed down it blew up and we wrecked.

I jumped up and rushed to Tara. "Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded and stood up with my help. We killed all of the walkers surrounding the bus and walked into a town. "Seems pretty clear of walkers" I said looking around cautiously. "We can stay in that bookstore over there" Abraham said pointing towards the small store.

Once we got in there we blocked the door with a bookshelf.