Chapter 6

Maddie's POV

So today daddy is up and walking. I'm staying inside to decorate Beth and my cell. Beth, Lori, and Carl are walking with daddy. Lori is going have the baby any day now.

So I'm sitting on the top bunk drawing a picture of a horse. It's Nelly, I miss that horse she was the only horse that I loved riding. I promised nothing would happen to her but she probably got eatin.

"What the hell?" I ask myself once I hear gun shots. I jump up and run outside to see walkers everywhere. "Beth, daddy, Maggie?" I yelled over the gun shots. "Maddie, over here" Beth yelled. I ran over to only see daddy and Beth. "Where's Maggie?" I asked. Beth pointed to another part of the prison. "Maddie stay here we're going to get Maggie, Carl, and Lori" Rick yelled over to me. I nodded and went into the prison with daddy and Beth. After I finished the drawing of Nelly I started drawing Katia, my cousin. Beth was watching me. "Is that Katia?" She asked. I nodded and continued drawing. I wish I had some colored pencils so I could color it. Katia had long straight golden blonde hair, big brown eyes, and she was very tall for age. She always wore her boots whether she was wearing jeans or shorts. God, I miss her so much.

I closed my book and put it down because I felt like I was gonna pass out, this means something bad has happened.

I was sitting by the tree alone again, I didn't mind because I knew they would show up again. Lori was the first to appear. T-Dog was the second to appear but I didn't pay much attention to him. "Lori?" I jumped up. "Maddie I died giving birth" Lori replied. "W-What happened?" I questioned. "The baby wouldn't come so Maggie cut me open" Lori said giving me a sad smile. I nodded to weak to ask anymore.

I sat up and ran into the main area. "How could you?" I yelled at Maggie. "What are you talking about?" Maggie asked. "Lori, how could you just cut her open and kill her?" I yelled again. "How can you know about that? You were passed out when we got back" Glenn said walking over. "It doesn't matter" I said tears flowing down my cheeks. "I think it does matter" Rick said now angry. "Fine! Do you want me to tell you that every time something bad is gonna happen I pass out and that when I pass out I end up sitting by the same damn tree alone, but then everyone we've lost appears and I talk to them until they tell me I can go back?" I yelled now sobbing. "No that's not what we want! We want the God damn truth" Rick yelled. "That is the truth!" I yelled running into my cell. I grabbed my bag and drawing note book and walked outside. "Maddie. Maddie stop!" Daddy yelled from behind me. I stopped and turned around. "What?" I sobbed. "Maddie, we just want the truth" Daddy said. "I told you the truth and you don't believe me!" I yelled. I then walked down to the gate. "Open the damn thing!" I yelled.