Chapter Two

Marinette stirred in her sleep, she had been dreaming peacefully until it had started to become a nightmare. Chat Noir and her alter ego Ladybug were fighting an Akuma when everything happened so fast neither of them could react, Chat Noir had stood staring at Ladybug as his eyes widened and glanced down at the sickening sight of a hole that had been blasted through his chest.

"M-My Lady..." He said as blood began to pour out of his mouth and he fell down onto his knees, covering the hole in his chest weakly as he fell backwards, his back hitting the cold wet pavement. His vision became blurry and everything seemed so far away he whispered something that she wouldn't of heard being more than a couple steps away from him.

Ladybug ran to him once she was out of her daze, she knew there was no way he was going to survive this, no one could. She began to sob as she gripped his hand in hers "Chat! No! Please...please don't...don't die on me Chat!" She sobbed harder, he smiled his usual smile at her and repeated himself although this time it was even quieter. She stared into his bright green eyes with tears running wildly down her face as she sniffled, still sobbing. The light in his eyes faded slowly, and his breathing stilled.

"I'm sorry." Was all he had said to her.

Marinette awoke with a start she sat up quickly in bed, her heart pounding so fast, she let out a small sob even though she knew it was just a nightmare it felt like it was real, and it wasn't like her or Chat Noir were invincible, anything was possible. Even death.

Adrien's eyes opened wide as he was startled awake by a sobbing Marinette, he sat up quickly looking at her with such worry and concern, "Princess...What's wrong?" He asked gently as he lightly touched her cheek to turn her attention to him, momentarily forgetting that he was no longer Chat Noir but infact just himself.

Marinette slowly calmed down and rubbed the tears from her eyes before looking up into Adriens bright green eyes and freezing, "A-Adrien?!Y-You're Chat Noir?!?" She asked stunned before her eyes began to fill with tears again as the thought of her losing him became even more painful. She quickly wrapped her arms around him and clung onto him, sobbing into his chest as he gently pulled her close and held her to him, rubbing small circles on her back and whispering sweet nothing to her to try and calm her down.

Eventually she calmed down and rubbed her eyes once more before slowly pulling away as a blush covered her cheeks, "I-I'm sorry for getting your shirt wet." She stuttered as she cast her gaze away from him embarrassed. He gently cupped her cheeks, forcing her to look at him, "Don't be sorry Princess. Will you tell me what your dream was about?" He asked as he stared into her eyes.

"I-I-It...I....Y-You...." She stuttered trying to force herself to tell him what her nightmare had been about, he continued to rub small circles on her back, calming her slightly. She took a deep breath and stared into his eyes, "Ladybug and you, as Chat Noir were fighting an akuma...A-And....You got hurt....There was a big hole through your chest....You were bleeding....A-And then you....You died...." She began to sob again, "I couldn't save you...And all you did was apologize." She covered her face with her hands.

"That's why you're crying Princess? Because...I died in your dream..?" He said stunned, Marinette sat in front of him uncontrollably sobbing because he had died in her dream and she couldn't save him. Did she care that much about him?

"Marinette look at me. Please...." He begged her as he slowly pulled her hands away from her face, she looked up at him as tears continued to run down her cheeks, "I will never let that happen okay? I won't ever leave you, so please don't cry over me so much." He said as he wiped her tears away with his thumbs, while trying not to cry himself out of joy that someone cared about him so much.

"Promise you won't leave me." She sniffled, "I promise." He said as he leaned in slowly and captured her lips with his own, she froze, her eyes widening, Adrien her long time crush had just kissed her. She loved him more than words could ever describe, she fell for Adrien a long time ago but as time had passed she'd fallen for Chat Noir too. Now as she closed her eyes and kissed him back with as much passion and love she could she realized that the boy she'd loved had always been right there beside her, through the toughest things and she hadn't even known and that he still didn't know who she was truly.