Chapter Eleven

Although Chat Noir had confirmed her memories of being Ladybug and had said he'd be giving her Kwami back to her, Marinette was stricken with worry. She was still missing many chunks of her memory, and also, if an Akuma were to show up, what would she do? Could she transform into Ladybug and save the city of Paris like she'd done so many times before? Or would fear render her useless because she didn't want a repeat of the last time she was in costume? She was so confused her head was spinning.

She shook the negative thoughts away, she didn't want to become an Akuma herself after all, plus they would do nothing to help her situation anyways. She would just have to rely on her luck and on Chat Noir.

A new day had come to pass, and luckily there had been no signs of an Akuma, but although Ladybug's were a sign of good luck, luck wasn't in her favour for long. The final bell rang and everyone began to get up from their seats, just when everything was going smoothly Chloe decided to crash someone's good mood.

"Nathanael, are you still hung up on Marinette? Wow! Obsessed much?" She teased as she peered over his shoulder at his sketchbook, Marinette froze, not because Chloe had said that Nathanael liked her, or used to like her, as she couldn't remember if he did or didn't at one point. She froze because if he were to become Akumatized, she didn't know what she'd do, Chat Noir would need her help, but what if she couldn't be of any assistance? A million thoughts were running through her head.

Instead of going to Nathanael's defense to try and defuse the situation before it became anything terrible, she ran, she ran out of the classroom and to the girls washroom, locking herself inside one of the stalls as she sat down with her back to the door. She gripped her head in her hands, willing herself to stay positive but the negative emotions swirling inside her head wouldn't calm down, she was too scared of what the outcome would be if she became Ladybug again.
Had Marinette stayed for the conversation, she would have heard that the two had resolved it themselves, that neither one of them would have an Akuma after them any time soon. When Chloe peered over Nathanael's shoulder to look at his sketchbook, she didn't see drawings of Marinette, she saw drawings of herself. Beautifully, well thought out drawings with so much detail they made her gasp in surprise.

Nathanael turned his head to look at her, her dark blue eyes were wide and a light pink blush was dusted across her cheeks as she reached out and grabbed the sketchbook, bringing it closer and examining every page. "You drew me?" She asked, it was more of an out loud statement than a question, "You asked me to, besides, you're a work of art all on your own." He said, standing up from his seat.

Chloe's cheeks turned a darker shade of red at his comment and hugged his sketchbook to her chest, "I'm keeping this. Even though they are amateur at best." She said, trying to keep her mean girl facade as she began walking to the door. Chloe paused for a second, quickly ran back to him and placed a small kiss on his cheeks before running out of the classroom in embarrassment. Nathanaels own eyes went wide and a rosy blush raced across his face and covered his neck too, he was not expecting that reaction from her.

Marinette's eyes welled up with tears of fear, she began to give into all the negative emotions surrounding herself, just as a black butterfly flew into the washroom she was in, and went inside her earrings, Akumatizing her.

After a brief conversation with Hawk Moth, he convinced her to capture Ladybug and Chat Noir's Miraculous' and after doing so, he would make sure she never felt the agony of fear ever again. Marinette stood up as a black suit formed over her body, the fingers of her costume were red, along with red stripes across the torso and red pant legs starting at the knees, her mask was black but with a bit of red that made it look like she was crying blood.

She exited the washroom and began her rampage, she would make people fear for their life the same way she had felt about her own, that there was nothing they could do to stop her. She captured people around the town with a flick of her yoyo and had them tied together atop the Eiffel Tower, dangling slightly, so struggling would be pointless, unless they wanted to fall to their deaths.

Chat Noir appeared in no time, and he knew instantly who lay behind the mask, there was no doubt in his mind that it was Marinette, but why had she suddenly become Akumatized he wondered. He had tried his best to keep fear and sadness out of her mind, but somehow something had happened to trigger this event. Chloe quickly came to mind but he pushed the thought away, he couldn't condemn her without knowing the facts.

He used his baton to lift himself to where Marinette stood, perched on the very top of the Eiffel Tower, looking out over the city with a sad, but almost dull expression on her face. "Marinette, what happened?" He asked, worry evident in the crack in his voice.

She turned to him, a hard glare forming on her face, "You fool, coming here to stop me, thinking I'll surrender to you. Well it's fruitless to try, the things you wish to never happen always seem to anyways, as if to torment and taunt you." She said, and with a swift kick of her leg, kicked Chat Noir in the torso, causing him to stumble back and begin falling rapidly towards the ground. Sticking his baton out it caught between two bars and stopped his fall, he took in a deep breath, "I have to do something to stop her, but Ladybug is the only one who can purify Akuma butterflies, and she's Ladybug." He thought, pulling himself back up and onto the the Eiffel Tower, he began to climb.

"Things always happen when you don't want them to, torment, taunt, what was she talking about? Think Chat, think." He said to himself as he climbed, then it hit him, she had mentioned before that she was worried about being Ladybug again, maybe she thought someone was going to become Akumatized and it scared her, or she remembered something. Whatever it was had to have caused this.

Somehow he was going to fix things, but first he needed to get those people to safety, so that he could either talk to Marinette or restrain her until he figured things out. Either way, he was probably screwed. As Ladybug, she and him were matched, partners and equals in fighting, but now with Hawk Moth's power, and both her brain and his plans, she would most likely easily defeat him.

But it couldn't come to that, although he didn't care if she injured him, he refused to hurt her in the slightest, even out of defence, all he would do if she attacked was block.

Things were going to get interesting between the two of them.