Chapter 5

Marinette used her yoyo to rush as fast as she could towards the park bench. Since she had faced Volpina before, she was glad she knew her power and where the akuma was already, but she was concerned for the citizens. They were probably full of fear from the illusions they saw, not knowing they weren't real. She eventually landed abruptly in front of her old enemy. Seeing that she arrived, Volpina sent the TV crew away.

"Hi, Lila. Can we talk?"

"How many times do I have to tell you MY NAME IS VOLPINA! And why would I talk to you? You humiliated me in front of the boy I like! He'll never want me now!"

"I admit, I was wrong when I yelled at you like that, but I apologized. Please, I'm really sorry."

"Too bad! I'm not accepting your apology! You will face my wrath and I will have your miraculous!"

"Is this only about Adrien? I don't like him anymore! You can have him! Just please don't steal my miraculous!"

"Ugh you liar!"

"I'm being honest! If anyone has lied here, it's you!"

Marinette regretted saying that the instant it came out of her mouth. Now there was definitely no turning back.

"That's how you wanna do this? Fine."
Out of nowhere, Lila pulled out her fist and punched Ladybug with all the force she had in her. Cat Noir quickly came out from behind a tree. He had been watching the situation intently to see if Ladybug could make amends with Volpina before any fighting occurred, but he had arrived too late.

"My lady! No! What have you done to her?" Cat Noir shouted with rage.

Although Cat Noir didn't know it, he had just given Volpina the advantage. She decided to use his love for Ladybug against him and make it look like she was more injured than she was. When Ladybug tried to get up from the blow, Cat Noir saw multiple bruises on her face and blood dripping down her nose. He thought it was all his fault and fell for her trick.

"Stop, Volpina! Don't hurt her! You want a miraculous? Take mine, but don't hit her ever again!"

"Deal."

"Cat Noir, don't!"

He took off his ring and revealed his true identity.

"A-Adrien?"