Chapter 6

"That-that's impossible!" Volpina exclaimed.

"It is possible, because I'm right here."

"This better not be another illusion, Volpina!"

"It's not me, Ladybug! Why would I act surprised if he wasn't actually here?"

"You could be tricking me!"

Adrien kneeled down to Ladybug, who was still on the ground, and held her hand.

"I know this may seem crazy, but it's really me. I wouldn't lie to you."

When Ladybug felt his touch, she was speechless.

"Uh-"

"I guess you don't have to give me your miraculous then- if you choose to love me." Volpina said innocently. Adrien did not want to hear what she had to say. He stood up, walked over to her, and said,

"Lila, if this is how you treat others, with or without an akuma, then we'll never have a chance at being more than friends. I love Ladybug, and you can never break us apart, no matter how many lies you tell."

Volpina became very enraged. "Whatever! You're not that good looking anyway! You'll never be more than just a model!" She huffed, snatching his miraculous.

"Try getting this back now, Cat Boy!"
She fled in the opposite direction, not looking back. Adrien viewed his partner once more, still seeing her injuries.

"I'm so sorry, Ladybug. Don't worry, I'll get you somewhere safe."

He carried her away to the best location he could think of: his home.