Chapter 1

Pic of Adele ⬆️

No one could care less if I just suddenly disappear or die.

My parents died four years ago in a car accident and surprisingly I am the only one who survived it. It was a miracle, yes, but that didn't stop my Aunt Gladys to blame me for everything.

So here I am sitting silently in the back of a limousine with no idea where I was heading to.

Ok, I do know a little why I am here in this limo in this very minute.

I received a call and made this weird deal with a mid-seventies grandfather guy, who claims that he owns me. He offered to pay me half a million if I would follow him to his home. Half a million!

I know this sounded like I am selling myself to an old perverted man but I am not. Hell, why would I want to sell myself? I'd rather just jump off a cliff and end my miserable life.

The old man explained that he would take good care of me and will not harm me in any way. After that he explained the real reason why he wanted me; he is dying and he had wanted a granddaughter but none of his children were able to conceive one.

He was practically begging in the phone for me to stay with him.

And so my kind heart agreed to him.

The next thing I know I was flying to a private estate in a private jet and now sitting in a limousine with a very intimidating looking driver who practically never seems to breathe.

I sat in silence for an hour before the limousine turned into a large estate garden. The first thing that caught my eyes was the castle-like mansion that has this odd feeling to it. It has green ivy plants growing up both sides of the pillar and a long marble staircase leading to the front door. The mansion was beautiful but there was something about it that gives me the creeps.

But boy, this old man sure is rich.

As soon as the limousine stops, a butler that looked like he came out from a scary haunted movies came and opened up the door.

"Welcome to Donahue mansion, ma'am Adele Morgan." The butler rasped hoarsely.

I nodded politely, a little too afraid to answer him. The driver and the butler picked up my suitcase and glided up the stairs. Wait, they were practically floating up the marble stone staircase. And I kid you not.

Even the big-build size driver, like the ones in Matrix that wears sunglasses that reflected your own reflection, moved up the stairs in a surprisingly gracefully manner.

A knot started to form in my stomach and I knew right in my gut I should turn and leave immediately.

But instead I continued walking up the stairs.

Little did I know what was in store for me in my not-so-bright future?