Chapter 7

"Oh no...no way." I muttered shaking my head.

But Horatio nodded his head slowly while his devilish vampire sons gave me a fangy smile and I paled with horror.

"...you'll be the bride for one of my sons."

Since a little kid, I have always dreamt of marrying a handsome young man that would sweep me off my feet and a wedding at the beautiful Maldives Island. I want a dream house near the beach; have two beautiful kids and even a dog that I'll probably name Lucky.

Those were my dreams.

And now they will forever be.

"What?" My voice an octave higher.

"I said; you'll be the bride for one of my sons."

"What?"

"Are you deaf?" Horatio looked at me questioningly.

"No, of course I am not." I snapped. "It's just that you said sons instead of a name. That means I am not decided to be whoever's bride yet?"

"Yes, I haven't decided which are to marry you." I shuddered at the word marry. It just sounded so wrong. "I don't want to force you so I want you to choose for yourself, or if one of my sons proposes to marry you himself."

The boys chuckled and I felt like throwing something at them. Of course they are enjoying every freaking moment of this. They just love to see people suffer. Bastards.

I folded my arms across my chest and I smiled, "And what if I choose not to marry any of them?"

Horatio gave me the same smile that sends shivers down your spine, "Then what use is it for you to live any longer?"

I gulped. I know exactly what does that mean. I sighed; I can never get out of this. And if I ever did, I am probably already dead.

"Here's the deal, Adele; if you continue to live here and become the bride for one of my sons, I promise not to harm a hair on your pretty little head. But if you go against the deal, I couldn't promise that your head will stay where it is."

Horatio smiled at me and I shuddered, gosh aren't father and son alike?

So reluctantly I agreed to Horatio's deal and Maxine cheered. "Yeah, something fun to play with!" and I shot him a deadly glare.

"I think it's better if I introduce to you the rest of the household." Horatio waved his hand at the door and I saw a large ruby ring on the index finger of Horatio's glimmer against the firelight.

Somehow the ring looked so familiar...

The double door opened and Walter the butler, the driver and three newcomers entered. After knowing that vampires actually lived here, one look and now I'm starting to understand why the butler and the driver were so pale in the first place. There were two females and I am guessing the one that were clad in a black and white frilly apron dress must be the housekeeper. Although I have to state that she is a little too pretty to be a maid.

The other two newcomers who look nearly my age; a female and a male were stunningly hot. Both of them compared to the rest of the pale vampire community in the room have very tanned skin. The female had long straight earth-brown waist length hair and a pair of jet black eyes while the guy had black spiky short hair and emerald green eyes. And they are very, very tall.

"You've already met Walter, the butler." Horatio waved his hand towards the butler and later to the driver who he called 'Will'.

"This is Mindy, our housekeeper." The lady in frilly apron had long carrot red hair that runs down her back in curls and an amazing pair of violet eyes, smiled politely at Horatio and gave me an annoyed glance. Guess I'll have a hard time with her too.