Chapter 14

I was screaming.

Hell was I screaming.

How do I know I was screaming?

That's because there is a very deranged Dominic screaming his head off back at me.

"For the love of God, will you please shut it? You're not even dead yet! You're waking the whole house up! Now they'll think I'm murdering you! It's just a farking hole in the chest! It's not like someone pulled your intestines out and shove them back in from your mouth!"

I gasped, "A hole in the chest?" Now someone just flipped my switch. "Just a hole in the chest? I'm not a freaking vampire if you haven't notice, Mr. switch-flipping!"

"Will you stop shouting at me! I just saved your freaking pathetic life!" Dominic throws his hands in the air.

"Saved my pathetic life? You might as well just let me die, you stupid vampire! And I'm not shouting! You are!"

"You little..." Dominic inched forward and I back off from the bed. He grabbed me painfully at my arm and I hissed in pain. Dominic softens on his grip but his face remained deadly. "You watch your mouth now, Adele. If you haven't jumped in front of that human mutt," Dominic made a face of distaste, "You won't have to drink from me to save your pathetic life and that dog won't have to suffer now."

"I-what-drink-what?" I paled. Julian. "How is he? Where is he?"

Dominic rolled his eyes at me. "Seeing that vampire's blood has healing properties, you drank from me so your wound would heal and you wouldn't die."

"What about him? Why does he have to suffer?" Then I got angry. "Why does he have to suffer! He wasn't the one that made me like this! It was Maxine's fault that I am here as I am!"

I felt a hard slap across my face and stars blinded my vision for a moment. "You-"

"Don't you dare blame Maxine for this, you stupid human! It was you! You alone jumped in front of that freaking dog and for what! What! You alone came here, you alone jumped in front of that human mutt and you alone should stop shouting! Stop blaming everyone for something that is your own fault!"

That struck a cord in me. I know it was nobody's fault yet I hated it when it was him that pointed it out. "Stop calling him a dog! His name is Julian, you stupid blood-sucker!"

Instantly I knew I've chosen the wrong words to say because I was thrown across the wall and the impact against the shelves knocked the breath out of me.

The shelves broke under my weight and I coughed painfully as I tried to sit up. Anger boiled in me as I looked up to face Dominic with the same amount of hatred as he has for me. "You did not just throw me across the room."

"Oh, I think I just did. But you'd live seeing that you've fed from me. After all, vampire's blood does make you humans stronger." Dominic gave me his infamous smirk and I stood up angrily, surprised to find my bones not destroyed. A thought popped into my head and I smirked in return.

"Oh, really?"

I punched Dominic right in the face and he fell backwards, crashing into the white table-clothed tea table and breaking it under his weight.

Wow, now I don't blame him for feeding me blood at all.

Dominic shot up and glared down at me, his fangs extracted but surprisingly I do not feel afraid. Must be the stupid adrenaline and my ego. "I definitely did not see that thought." Dominic hissed in annoyance.

"Oh, you didn't flush your mind-reading talent down the toilet now, did you? Or did you flush your brain with it together?" I smirked and he let a low treating growl escape his lips but I didn't back down at all. I used this chance to ask him, "Where is Julian? What did you do to him?" Suddenly I got all lowly again. "Please don't hurt him."