ten

The doctor turned around and smiled.

"Come in Mr. Dun. You have someone to meet."

The doorknob moved and a boy came in. He was just so familiar to me.

He stood awkwardly where he came in.

"I'll leave you two to talk." The doctor said before sending me a weak smile and leaving the room.

I didn't say anything.

"Hi." He said a bit awkward still.
I couldn't say anything. I wanted to but my body didn't quite cope with me.
"I'm Josh, and you probably don't remember me." He sighed to himself and sat in a chair in the corner.
"Okay I guess." He cleared his throat.
"Do you know why are you here?" His eyes were looking somewhat sad.
I nodded my head slightly in shame.
"Well I was there and I kinda threw the gun out of your hand." He scratched the back of his neck.
He saved Ruby.
If he hadn't been there, Ruby would be all alone.
He was silent.

"Thank you." I whispered. His head shot up and the corner of his lip curled. "For not letting me leave Ruby."
His lips pressed together in a tin line and I thought he will cry. He looked away.
"Why were you on that roof?" I managed to speak a little louder now.
"I went there when I was sad or when I needed vent from... everything you know?" He breathed out heavily. I nodded in empathy.
"Look, Tyler." His voice said my name so peacefully. "I did that because... I couldn't have just let you... end your life." He made short eye contact.
"I was sad too but since the moment you came up and blocked the door, I watched what you were doing. And I didn't think of anything. I just knew you needed help. And I was there... For a reason." Now he was looking deep into my eyes, his eyes piercing mine so I could feel it.
"And I felt like I had purpose. I still do. I am happy I could help you. And maybe you're thinking now you should have died and that death is better, it's not. And there is always someone who cares for you who will be crushed when you are gone." His voice was trembling and his eyes watery. "You have Ruby. Please. Every time you are going trough a rough time, think about her." He sniffed and got up ready to leave. He turned around and my mind was in alarm.

"Please don't." My legs were on the floor and he turned around. I walked slowly to him, holding onto the bed.
He looked very confused by my actions but went along with it. I looked like mess.
I came to him and hugged him. I wrapped my arms around his torso and put my head on his chest.
He put his arms around my neck awkwardly and lowered his chin on my head.
I closed my eyes. I smiled to myself. I know.
I know these arms. I know this voice. I know this pale tan.
How could I ever forget.
How could I forget my light.

I met my happiness.