four

Day 2

The wind is blowing in my face, making my tears stroll back and down the neck leaving a painful trail. I looked down and there were many levels and windows separating me from the concrete and hard ground beneath.
I felt an arm snake around my shoulders and it was black, with long fingers as his hands and he looked at me but his whole face was black and melting down his neck. His disturbing fingers went up from my stomach to my face trailing them over my eyes to close them and I felt slight pressure on my back. Suddenly I wasn't standing. "I've got two faces. I've got two faces." I heard possessed voice upon me. I couldn't open my eyes but I could sense levels that I pass and levels closer to the cold concrete.
"Blurry is the one I'm not." I heard and my eyes shot open as I fell into the yellow light but not stopping where concrete was supposed to be. I was falling slowly until I felt two hands take mine and stop me from falling. "I want to be known by you."

¤ ¤ ¤

My eyes snapped open and my breath hitched. Again. Again. Same dreams again and again every night.
I had to shower since I was soaked in my sweat. I thought about cold water washing away my life down the drain but it didn't really work. I wasn't that lucky.
I made my way to Ruby's door and lightly knocked. "Ruby wake up, it's time for breakfast." After a moment she opened the door and I saw here rubbing her eyes, her hair messy. "Okay go get dressed and then come. I'll make us some pancakes." She smiled and rushed to the bathroom.

I went back to the kitchen preparing the food. When Ruby entered to the kitchen and sat down her hair was still messy. I took a brush from the bathroom and headed to her. "Good morning angel." I smiled and started brushing her hair and making a ponytail for her.
She loved the pancakes I made her and that's what got me trough the day. Her smiles are all that I need.
I realised I woke her up earlier than usual because of my lucid dream problem so I thought we could go for a walk. Clear both of our crippled minds a bit.

We got our things and headed out.
Mornings are beautiful in this neighbourhood. Chilly with a bit of mist and so quiet. The type of silence that suits. Not the painful one.
I held her hand as we walked down the cold streets.
"So how is it at your school? Got some friends?" I asked her quietly. "No. Not really." She answered casually. Good. People hurt people. And she can't be hurt.

When we got to her school I got on my knees to give Ruby a big hug and kiss her forehead. "Be good." She nodded, kissed my cheek and ran off into the building. I sighed as I got up and continued walking to my own hell.
Another long day and breaks filled with books and silence in the supply room.