Chapter 1

I was walking through the woods, woods I have only ever been in once in my life, but it feels like I've been doing it forever. The strange thing is I'm walking through the woods in my pyjamas. Shorts that are a little to short and a white singlet top, my breath leaving white puffs of smoke from the cold but I don't feel it.

I try to stop walking but it's like I'm in a trance, I'm not in control of my own body. Coming across a massive tree stump I swear I could hear it calling to me, begging me to come closer. I take one step forward, my bare feet cracking the wet sticks and leaves only to see a person hurry towards the stump and pull an innocent plant out of a crack. They threw it on the ground and left.

Suddenly, a fire fly flew out from the spot the plant once occupied. Then another and another until a swarm of them flew out and divided themselves into three groups. Smoke flooded the ground beneath them before covering the insects and suddenly the three groups turned into three ninjas in dark black cloaks and masks with two fire flys as their eyes.

Bolting awake I looked around my room in a panic before sighing in relief. "It was just a dream Carly, just a dream." I was covered in sweat I noticed as I racked my hand threw my dark hair. A knock brought me out if my thoughts as I replied with a yeah to enter. My sister appeared on the other side and I smiled.

"Hey, just seeing if you were awake" she said with a smile and I nodded my head. "Bad dream?" She guessed and gestured to my sticky skin and I laughed.

"Yeah just dreams about the new school." It was her turn to laugh as she nodded her head before closing the door, not noticing how easy it is for me to lie to her. I sighed and threw my sheets off before jumping to my feet in shock as dirt coved my legs and sheets. "But it was just a dream." I said to myself.

I ran into my own bathroom and washed myself clean from the dirt and sweat. I changed into a black crop top with Normal is Boring written in silver writing and ripped high waist jeans. I added my choker necklace and silver feather earrings before slipping my feet into vans. I left my straight black hair out but pinned up one side before getting my phone, back pack and skateboard.

I stared at my dirty sheets once more before dropping everything and stripped my bed clean and kicking them under my bed. "Carly hurry up your you'll miss the ride from dad." Kira called. Hurrying out of my room I picked up my lunch from mum who barely looked at me as she talked to Kira.

"Have a good day Kira and don't forget to try and make friends. You to Carly." I nodded my head but when she saw the skateboard in my hand she shook her head and turned away. Holding back a scowl I picked up an Appel and ate it as dad drove us to school. Halfway there I put my earphones in because all he was doing was talking to Kira. It's always Kira, the good twin, the bright innocent one.

Just cause she's more bright, more polite they pay more attention to her. Pulling up at school I got out of the car and didn't even say goodbye. I walked into the library and finished off some homework but all I could think about was my dream. The dirt on my legs and sheets, the way the ninjas eyes stared blankly of emotion but held the fire from the fire flies.

I heard the bell ring over the music in my ears and I went to art where I painted the face of the creatures in my dreams. "Wow," I heard the guy next me say, Isaac, his name is. "That's really cool." He said and I smiled meeting his cute gaze.

"Thanks." I say just as the bell went, by the time lunch came around I was dying just to talk to someone. Being invisible to everyone, including your family, is in one word lonely. I was walking towards Kira when to boys, Scott and Stiles, bumped into me causing me to stumble. "Hey."

"Sorry." Stiles says as he covered Scotts face only Scotts eyes caught mine and they were red. I felt something inside me swirl inside with a defensive primal instinct. They ran into an empty classroom and closed the door.