Ch 8: Amazing

Picture of Dina's dress on her date! Pretend it doesn't say "Prom" lol

Enjoy!

~~~

As much as I am literally freaking out inside with butterflies and nervousness, I try to play it off cool and try my best not to make a fool out of myself. Or at least, that's what I hope I'm doing.

We're at a very fancy, very beautiful restaurant. I wasn't able to see what it's called but this place is amazing.

They already gave us our menus and I take a peek up at Gabriel. He's looking into deep though as he looks down at the menu. For some reason that makes me smile. And again, I can't help but check him out for what feels like the hundredth time this night. I look back up to his face, and I see that he's watching me as I check him out. I immediately look back at my menu. Cursing at myself because I know that I'm blushing. I hear a beautiful soft chuckle coming from Gabriel but I'm too embarrassed to look up at him, so I continue to look through the menu.

"So, umm," I start to say and clear my throat, "do-" I get interrupted by someone placing 2 glasses of water in front of us.

"Hello, my name is James and I'll be your Waiter for today," a very deep voice says. I look up to see this very attractive man in his mid- twenties, with hazel eyes and a long face structure. His brown hair that's up to his neck is nicely combed back with gel, making his jaw line standout more.

He look down at me and continues, "Are you ready to order?" And gives me a small smirk. I raise a brow at him and then look at Gabriel.

He's still looking down at him menu with a ghost of a smile on his lips. "I'm think I'll get..." he trails off and thinks for a moment, "the chicken Alfredo," he finally says. He closes his menu and looks at me, "what about you?" He says a gives me a small smile.

Now I'm embarrassed, I wanted the big steak with smashed potatoes and vegetables on the side, but I don't want to look like a fat ass in front in him. "I'll get," I trail off for a second, "the Alfredo too," I say and close my menu and place it in front in me.

I look up at our waiter as he writes down what we've ordered. "Alright, is that all?" he says and looks down at me again. Looking up and down at me twice before his eyes finally landing in my eyes. Again, I look at Gabriel to see him frowning with confusion for a second before he answers.

"Yes, that is all," he looks at the waiter and gives him a blank look before looking back at me.

"Ok, I'll bring you two some bread while you wait for your food," and the waiter picks up our menus and leaves.

"Thank you," I say politely to the waiter as he walks away. He probably didn't hear me cause he didn't respond.

"I hope you don't mind, Dina," Gabriel starts to say, "but I would like to ask you some questions, just out of curiosity."

"Yeah, sure. I don't mind," I answer and give him a small smile.

He looks straight at me and looks deep into thought. "Any particular relationships right now?" he asks first.

I raise an eye brow at him and smirk to myself. "If I were in a relationship right now, I don't think I would have agreed to come on this date with you," I answer. He gives me a confused look. "in other words, no, I am not in a relationship right now," I say and chuckle to myself.

He gives me a relief smile and nods. "Have you ever been in a relationship before?" He asks.

I think for a moment on how I should answer that. Yes, I've been in a couple of relationships but do they really count? I've never been in love before, and not because I'm afraid; I just haven't found it. It's hard to explain but I've never truly had strong feelings for someone. The longest relationship I've had is 2 months and that's because I always call it off. Already by the 1st month is when the guy tells me he loves me and I don't know how to return his love, which devastates me because I don't deserve their love.