Ch 6: In A Blink Of An Eye

I start to panic. What do I do? Do I run? Try to fight back? What is he going to do with me!?

I look up at him with fear and horror in my eyes as he looks down at me, eyes full of anger. He lifts a hand up. He's going to hit me! I'm already flinching and I take a step back when my legs bump into something and I fall. I gasp in surprise to find myself landing on something soft. I look down and it's the love seat I was sitting on. Oh. I take a peek up at him to see his hand near my face and immediately raise my arms to shield me face.

But nothing happens. Just silence. I peek through my arms to see him still looking down at me but his hand is no longer raised. I look into his eyes and see that their sad. What? Wasn't he mad a second ago? Talk about bipolar.

"Don't be afraid of me," He whispers, sadness clear in his voice. "I'm sorry if I frighten you," he starts to say and bends down on one knee to be the same eye level as me. "I'm just not used to this, the way you talk to me as if I'm just a person. No one has ever talk to me like that before, not in a long time. Also I'm not- it upsets me because I'm only use to being... respected." He finishes saying. I could tell that he's having difficulty explaining himself.

What do I do? Does he want me to forgive him? Or should I leave? Maybe I should leave.

"I.... I have to go," I say and stand slowly. "Thank you for answering some of my questions." I say as I step away from him.

I turn my back to him and start to go around the love seat but a hand grabs hold of my left wrist. Heat spreads under my skin and I hide a gasp.

"Dina, please. I'm sorry," his voice says, low and sad.

"It's ok," I say and look up at him. "I understand, but I have to go." I look away and pull my wrist from his. He lets go and I walk toward his door.

I was about to reach for the doorknob, but a large hand goes around the knob first and turns it, opening it for me. I look back up at Luke, Lucifer, Satan, whatever, one more time, it still amazes me how stunning he is. How sexy and manly his body is. He's what every girl wants in a bad boy and what every other guy wishes to be. I nod my head, saying thank you and walk out the door.

"Dina," he calls from behind me.

I turn my head around to look at him. "Yes?"

He hesitates. "May I take you home?"

That almost makes me laugh. The devil is asking for my permission to take me home? But I must admit that I am a little stunned. He's actually asking permission? Though in the beginning he was the one that sort of forced me to come with him. I must have done something right to get to choose in what I have to say in this.

And I actually do think about it. Should I let him give me a ride home? Will it be too risky? I look into his eyes, trying to figure out if I can trust him.

"I'll be on my best behavior," he smirks. Then he gets serious, "You can trust me. I know I did a bad impression to you in the beginning but please, give me a chance. That's all I'm asking for."

"Fine," I say blankly. I don't have cash on me, anyways. Only my credit card.

He gives me a triumphant smile and walks towards me. When he's standing right in front of me he puts my hands in his and say's, "Ready?"

I look at him confused but nod my head. I blink and suddenly I'm not at his place anymore. I look around and notice that I'm outside my apartment. What the hell? I look up at Lucifer and he's looking at me amused.

"How did we get here?" I ask as I move my hands out of his.

"I brought you here," he says, amused. "Why come driving all the way over here, when I can just make us appear here in just a blink of an eye?" he chuckles.