Ch 9: Breathe

My mind is racing.

I'm an Angel. I'm an Angel? No, I must have misunderstood him, I think in doubt, but as I look into the eyes of the man in front of me, I know that it's true.

But it can't be true! The back of my mind yells at me.

I push myself back in my seat, making my chair squeak with the tile floor under it. I place my forearms in front of me on the table and rest my head on them. I look at my lap and the floor and I slowly breathe in and out.

I eela touch on my arm and I shoot my head up and look at those beautiful eyes. I blink, taken aback. Why does he look so sad?

"I'm sorry that you had to find out like this," he says sadly.

"No- umm- uhh," I try to look for words to say, "it's- uhh... Are you sure? Maybe you're mistaken."

My heart starts to hammer against my chest as I wait for him to answer. But he says nothing.

"Would you excuse me," I stand before I finish my sentence and start to walk away. Gabriel calls out to me but I keep walking towards, hopefully, the restroom.

As I walk I see my waiter James and tap his shoulder. "hey, umm, w-where's the restroom?"

"Oh, go straight, then at the end of that table over there, turn right, and then make a left and it's the second door on the right," he answers then winks.

I ignore his wink as I quickly walk toward where he said the restroom should be. When I reach it, I see a line that I'm not willing to wait for. Trying not to punch a wall with frustration, I walk towards the doors that lead me outside. The cold night air hits me as I make it out and I take in a deep breath. I should have came with a cardigan, I frown as I cross my arms, I already started to shiver.

I stand at the side of the door for a while and close my eyes and I try to concentrate on breathing.

Your okay, your okay. Everything is going to be okay, I repeat to myself.

"Hey, are you alright?" I hear someone near ask. I open my eyes to see a man that works here.

"Yeah... I'm fine, thanks," I answer distractedly and he just nods and walks off.

I look down at the cement floor, my mind somewhere else. Anywhere else but here.

Why am I even surprised? I'm destine to be with an angel, and live up there with angels (or down there), and have a completely different life than I ever thought possible. I sigh. I guess I haven't truly excepted all of this. A part of me was still trying to believe that this is some crazy dream that I'm going to wake up from.

I look up and around, seeing couples pass by into the restaurant, and people leaving. If only they knew. If only they knew that God is real, and that the devil roams the earth. If only they knew about my problems. Ha, they would laugh at their silly life problems, because mine are much more complicated than theirs.

Frustrated, I walk towards the side walk. The cold wind still dancing in the air around me, I wrap my arms more tightly around me. I stand there, but I don't know how long, and I don't care. I know I should be heading back in before Gabriel starts to worry, but I just can't move; and I don't want to. I rather stand here where I have enough fresh air to take in and not so many people around to stare at me.

"Dina," a familiar voice calls me, and my blood runs cold.

Luke.

I turn around to see him there, standing without a care in the world, it's so attractive. He's wearing come dark jeans and a black leather jacket in with a red v neck under.

"What are you doing here?" I blurt out, sounding rude. He gives me a questioning look. I sigh and look away, "Sorry."

"I told you that I was gonna see you today," he says as we walks towards me. i can't help but step back, away from him. he stops walking. "What's wrong?" Hurt in his voice.

I open my mouth to answer. "What are you doing here?" I hear a beautiful voice ask angrily. My eyes widen and turn to see its Gabriel. Shit.

"I should ask you the same." Luke's sexy voice gets hard.

"Can you see we're on a date? Leave." Gabriel demands and starts to walk towards me.

"Yeah, I can see your doing a great job with her being outside by herself in the cold.
And don't forget that I run things aren't here; so how about you leave." I can tell Luke is trying to keep his temper under control.

"This doesn't concern you, Lucifer," Gabriel spits as he stands in front of me, as if he were my body guard.

They both glare at each other, I'm still in place, frozen. Scared if I say something, they'll get in a fight or something.

"Dina, would you like to come with me?" I hear Luke ask. I take a step to the side so I can see Luke past Gabriel. He's Gotten closer, just five feet in front of Gabriel, his hand out, extending it out towards me as an invitation.

"She doesn't want to go anywhere near you," Gabriel growls. I swallow nervously.

"How about you let her speak for herself!" Now Luke is getting angry. He pushed Gabriel's shoulder rudely.

"Hey, you guys good? Or should I ask you to leave," a man says. I turn to see its a security from the restaurant. A man around his 40's, that's muscular but has a large beer belly. Bald head, but has a dark mustache.

I decide to speak, "we're actually leaving." Now the two guys turn to look at me.

"Yeah, let's go," Gabriel says and grabs my arm, I pull away from him.

"I'm not going with you," I say as I step away from him.

"Yeah. Come on, babe," Luke says and raises an inviting hand towards me.

"I'm not going with you either," I say and then walk away from both of them.

"Dina," Both of them call out. But I don't look back. The limo I came in pulls up next to me and i get in. Never looking back as the limo takes me home.

========================

*Vote, Comment, and smack the person next to you ;) *