Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Groggily, I opened my eyes and groaned because of the sharp headache. Soon I realized that I was still in the park. It was nighttime. The watch showed 7 in the evening. The blood was dried on my hand and I stood up shakily.

Somehow I managed to reach home. The house was darkened and felt lifeless. I wasn’t feeling like going inside because it had too many bad memories.

I sat on porch, staring at the sky. The stars looked so beautiful, they were twinkling and a small smile crept to my lips.

I could feel dad was watching over me, I knew and I smiled because I knew in next few days or maximum month, I will meet him.

My health was falling drastically and starvation and stress fueled to it. Nobody knew about it except my neighbor and dad’s childhood friend, Dr. William.

He forcibly took me to hospital and did some checkups. It revealed that I was ill, terribly ill.

He gave me medicines and all but I stopped taking them. There was no point in living when whole world wanted me to die. I just didn’t deserve anyone; I was destined to be alone.

After a long time, I went inside. Gulping a glass of water, I made my way to bed and plopped down. All the memories came back and as usual I couldn’t sleep.

Next day, I woke up feeling low but there was no way I could have missed the school.

Eventually, I did my morning business and came to school. I was little late than normal time and that's when I saw Tyler surrounded by his friends. He was just sitting on the bonnet of his car and others were talking.

His gaze was piercing through the ground like he was thinking hard. Sensing my gaze on him, he turned his head towards me. Hastily, I tuned my gaze down and ran inside the school.

I took my books and was about to go when someone shoved me away. I fell on the ground with loud thud; the books scattered on the ground. The people around me laughed and some jocks towered over me,

“Oh, look at her, pathetic.” One of them snickered.

Tears threatened to spill as they left. I collected my books. Tyler was standing by his locker with his hands crossed over his chest.

I dropped my gaze and ran towards washroom. I washed my face and came back to class.

Tyler came inside too and sat in his normal seat. His friends surrounded him while chatting. I hugged myself andwatched out of the window. I wanted to be free. I just didn’t want to live; all I wanted was to escape the reality.

I brought out my book which was always an escape and in next few minutes I lost the track and immersed in my own thoughts. It wasn’t new.

Suddenly, my bottom lip quivered and restlessness started kicking in. I closed my book and tightened my hands around my torso. Everything was spinning and I felt the blood leaving my nose. I gasped a little and covered it with my hanky. Tyler’s eyes were on me as I hastily wiped the blood not wanting him to know about my illness.

Shaking became more as I felt a wave of weakness flew by me. I shivered again and not sparing a glance at anyone I ran out of the door.

I heard Ms. Smith’s calls behind me but I didn’t stop. I stumbled on my feet but somehow reached the washroom.

I locked myself in one of the cubicle as the blood kept coming out of my nose and my shirt was bloodied. I tried to wipe it, rinse it but there was no use. I tried to calm myself down but I couldn’t. Suddenly there was a soft knock on the door and my head snapped at that direction. I flushed all the tissues and asked,

“Who is that?”

There was no reply but one more knock.

I groaned mentally and tried to wipe the blood on my shirt.

After few minutes, I opened the lock and saw Tyler was standing there.

My eyes widened at his sight and I stepped back. His face was blank and free of all emotions. I just froze in my place.