Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

I attended school from next day and it was all different. Suddenly people were acknowledging me and started talking and other stuff.

It was all overwhelming.

The whole week was amazing and I couldn’t ask for something better than this.

Jessie, Val’s girlfriend became my first girl friend, you know what I mean, right?

And we have been hanging out after school and whenever we get time.

It was Friday and she took me to shopping and now we were in mall and yeah we ditched Tyler and Val who were whining like small kids when we told them that we wanted to have girls time.

“Let’s go for some dresses.” She dragged me in multiple shops and we ended up spending lot of money. That was the highest amount I ever spent in one go but it was worth it.

Then we sat in food court.

“SO when did you and Val meet exactly?” she suddenly asked me.

“He was friends with Tyler and when he came here, Ty introduced us. Maybe we were 13 that time.”

“Oh, that’s cool. And what about you and Ty?”

“We met when we were 10 maybe. He was like a savior.” I smiled at those memories.

“You like him, don’t you? I mean more than friends?”

Her question caught me off guard.

“Don’t lie, I know and I think he likes you too.”

“I don’t think so.” I mumbled. She grabbed my fist and rubbed it.

“Trust me, he will come around one day.” She gave me a small smile and then changed the subject. Well, I had fun that day.

After that my recovery was in full swing and everything was falling into place. Few boys in school even asked me for a date but Tyler and Val made sure no one would come near me.

It was comforting actually. Another week passed and it was football season end. There was final match on our school ground and everyone was damn excited. Tyler was the captain and quarterback. Val was also on team. Jessie told me that she would save a seat for me.

I was going home to drop my bag and for the medicines. Suddenly, I saw Tyler near my car.

“Ty, what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in locker room or something?” I asked.

He scratched his neck and smiled at me sheepishly,

“Well, actually, I mean….” He took a deep breath, “Will you wear my jersey for today’s match?” he brought out his another jersey.
I was shocked.

Tyler never gave his jersey to anyone and it was his most favorite one with sign of David Villa.

“Tyler?”

“Please?”

I nodded and took it from his hand.

“Thank you, bye I have to go. I will see you later.” He kissed my head and ran inside.

A smile crept to my face without acknowledging anything.

Happily I drove to home and then came back wearing Tyler’s jersey. When I went to bleachers people were curiously looked at me and whispered.

I ignored them and found Jessie who had indeed saved a seat for me. She was also wearing Val’s jersey.

She smiled widely when she noticed Ty’s jersey and hugged me tightly.

After some time, all players went on field and everyone cheered for them. Match started and everyone was on the edge of their chair. It was neck to neck battle.

After first half the score was leveled. Everyone was more excited than usual and wanted to know who was gonna win.

When next half started, our team was on their best play and Tyler had the ball. As expected there was touchdown and everyone cheered when we won the game. I and Jessie were jumping on our chairs and she hugged me tightly.

“Let’s go, let’s go.” Everyone was going down on field but I stayed rooted on the spot. Jessie ran down the bleachers and went towards Val.

I just stood there. I didn’t want to intrude, they were being congratulated by everyone but I couldn’t find Tyler.

Suddenly there was a noise and every head whipped towards middle of the ground.

It was Tyler, he had a mike in his hand and he smiled breathtakingly at me. My breath hitched in my throat.