Chapter 9: Cursed

Harry had his next lesson with Dumbledore next Monday. For now, I had D.A.T.D.A with Ginny. We walked to the classroom together.

"I wonder what we will do today?" I asked her as we entered to see the classroom talking in urgent whispers.

"I don't know... I wonder what everyone is talking about?" She asked as we sat at our desks.

"Quiet, quiet," said Snape as he entered the room.

We read a few chapters of the text book. Suddenly, as I was writing some notes my scar started to burn. At first it was easy to ignore... But gradually it grew bigger and I couldn't write. I dropped my quill on my desk and winced slightly. I looked up at Snape who was pulling down his left sleeve.

He looked at me suspiciously.

"Anything wrong Miss Potter?" He asked as I winced again.

"N-no," I said quietly.

"Then I suggest you get back to writing your notes," he said gesturing to my quill which was laying on my desk. I gently picked up the quill and tried to write with it. I was right handed but writing when my scar burned was almost impossible because of how much my hand shook. After putting the quill to my parchment and taking almost a full minute I tried to write but my writing was to shaky. I pretended to write and averted my eyes from everybody. I heard footsteps coming towards me slowly and then caught a glimpse of black out of the corner of my eye. I quickly put my quill to the papers and tried to write.

"Miss Potter?" Said Snape looking down at me. A few people were now staring over at me.

"Yes?" I said irritated.

"Why are you Still not writing?" He asked me.

"I am," I said gesturing to my quill which was in my hand.

"Do not lie Miss Potter," he said. I glared towards him.

"I'm not lying-" I said. The irritation was strong in my voice now.

"Detention-" he said walking away from me.

"May I ask why, sir?" I said looking after him.

"Because you lied-" he said.

"What?" I said loudly with a laugh.

"Eliza, don't..." Said Ginny.

"Fine," I whispered back.

The rest of potions was normal as I was finally able to copy my notes. After the class ended I found Harry, Hermione, and Ron. They were all in the Gryffindor common room.

"Ugh," I said as I walked over to the three of them.

"What?" Asked Harry.

"Snape gave me detention," I said.

"Why? What happened?" Asked Hermione.

"My scar started to hurt very badly during class so I stopped writing. Then he asked me if anything was wrong. I said no and then he told me to write. I still couldn't because my hand was shaking very badly so I just pretended to but then he caught me. And I got yelled at then he asked me if something was wrong again. I said no again then he said I was lying and he gave me a detention for lying. I think Voldemort was calling every death eater. I mean, we know Snape used to be and then as he asked me if anything was wrong he was pulling down his left sleeve-"

"Where the marks are-" said Hermione.

"Exactly... I wonder what he wanted," I said.

"Be careful Eliza," said Harry.