Chapter 12: Quidditch Scandal

The next morning at breakfast I talked with Harry about the Slug Club.

"It was awful-" I said as I shoved a piece of pineapple into my mouth off my fork.

"Yeah," said Harry.

"So how was your meeting with Du-"

"Sh-" Harry mouthed as he kicked my foot under the table.

"Dubby... D-Dobby," I said.

"I'll tell you about it later," he responded.

"Oh I have to go to class," I said calmly and with that I left the Great Hall and started back towards Gryffindor tower.

On the way I Ran into Draco again. It was something that seemed to be happening a lot recently.

"Sorry-" I said when I was till befuddled from running into someone. "Never mind," I whispered after I saw it was Draco I ran into.

"Careful Ellie," he said sneering.

"Oh, Draco. You act like you have something huge on me. Stop- you act so obnoxious and like your working with the wrong side. Make the right choice Malfoy. Think about it," I said angrily staring at Draco angrily.

"Hmm maybe that's because I do have something in you. Also you can't tell me to make the right decision," he said. "Besides if you don't care about your secret I'll tell everyone, might as well, Potter," he said. I didn't realize what I was suing as anger was coursing through my veins.

"Go ahead Malfoy-" I said.

"Just you wait Potter... Just you wait-" he said walking past me.

"Wait for what?" I called after him.

"You'll see," he said. He walked faster.

"Draco!" I called.

Finally I gave up and went on with my day. Harry later told me he wasn't allowed to tell me what Dumbledore had been teaching me. I barely talked to him the next day.

-------------------------------------------------------

Katie Bell was still in St. Mungos weeks later. The first Quidditch match would be soon and I could tell Harry was stressed out about it. Katie had been a chaser of the team but Harry had to replace her with Dean Thomas. Ginny was happy for him.

When Harry came back from a particular Quidditch practice he seemed upset. I waited up till Harry Ron and I were the only people left in the common room.

"What's up with you two tonight? Since you've gotten back you've been practically silent," I said sitting on the red armchair that had a stray Gryffindor scarf on the back of it.

"Nothing-" said Harry quiet and stiffly.

"Nothing... But, do you think Hermione sniffed Krum?" He asked me. Harry and eyed me then stiffly nodded no. I looked at Ron who seemed upset about this.

"No," I said. "Why do you want to know?" I asked.

"No reason-" Ron trailed off and stared into the fire in front of us. I was in my pajamas that consisted of long plaid pants with a white t-shirt.

"Okay, well tell me if you need anything," I said. I could tell something was up with them but they didn't want to tell me so I just sat in my chair awkwardly for a while until Ron went up to bed and it was just Harry and I.