Chapter 1

-Momma's Broken Heart-

"I wasn't planning on this. Falling in love with you was the last thing I wanted. I always knew our time would end, yet here I am begging for you not to turn the page. This is why I hate getting into relationships. I'm never good enough" she laughed with no amusement what so ever running her fingers through her long brown hair. "I'm sorry I made you feel that way. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough. I'm sorry I didn't love you better. I'm sorry for everything, no words can explain how sorry I am. Maybe it was all my fault. It usually is. I really do love you, but how do you show someone you love then if no one ever showed you. You know?" She sighed deeply looking the girl in her eyes. "I felt like I gave you my all but now I see you didn't receive it. I forgave a lot of things, looked past a lot of stuff and forgot a vast load, because I thought you were different. You were my forever but now I know nothing is forever. I know now that now one is different. You were my forever but now I know nothing is forever. You were my present and future because you were nothing like my past but here I am again" she stopped talking, leaving before the girl even had the chance to respond she left the house never looking back.

"Mommy please hurry up. I'm going to be late" the small 5 year old girl green eyed girl yelled at her mom.

Lauren stuffed a piece of cinnamon toast in her daughters mouth before grabbing the brush and putting her daughters long brown hair in a ponytail.

"You guys really need to get on a schedule" Lauren's bestfriend and roommate, Normani, said laughing. "This is literally everyday" she said before grabbing a piece of cinnamon toast for herself.

"We are on a schedule" Lauren huffed at her bestfriend.

"Oh yeah. That's why you're doing Alana's hair in the kitchen right" the girl said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Shut up Normani" Lauren yelled before hurring out the house. She rushed to the drivers seat while her daughter rushed to the back in the middle of the car where her black Booster seat awaited her.

The buckled up and lauren put the car in reverse stopping at the end of the driveway. Lauren looked left while Alana looked right.

"All clear" Lauren said with a stem voice.

"Same over here captain" Alana said copying her mom. Lauren then pulled out of the driveway and drove her way to Alana's school.

"Hey Tori" Lauren said greeting Alana's teacher.

"Hi Ms.Kelly" Alana said before entering the class finding her group of friends.

"Hey Laur" Tori said hugging her friend. "You off to coffee with the girls" she asked softly.

"Yes Tori you ask this everyday" Lauren said laughing. "And before you remind me yes I know it's monday. I'll be back in an hour with your latte." Lauren said rolling her eyes.

She basically had the same routine.
-Drop Alana off at school at 8:30 Am.
-Meet up with her bestfriends for coffee at 8:45 Am until 9:50 (unless it's monday)
-If it's Monday take Tori a coffee and muffin at 9:30 Am.
-Return home by 10 and get ready for work. Which she had to be at 11-3.
-pick up Alana at 3:30.

And regardless of what Normani may have said her and Alana actually do have a morning schedule. They just..wake up late..everyday.

"Lauren finally" Dinah said loudly but not quite yelling Dinah was Normani's girlfriend. They had been dating for about 3 months but they've all known each other for 4 years.