<< Chapter One >>

Katniss pov :

When I get to the party there are lots of people, I think about 100.

My mom says that I have to talk to Gale and get to know him better, but I don't want to so I go outside to the garden.

I see a guy with blonde hair crying in his hands sitting on the bench, so I go up to him...

Peeta pov :

When we are on our way there my mom is saying really mean things to me when we get there I get out of the car she punches me in the face and says be good and walks off. That hurt real bad, I can feel my eye throbbing and I think it's black so I go to the garden and cry in my hands.

When I'm doing so I feel a tap on my shoulder I turn around and see a girl with dark chocolate colored hair, she just says hi and asks if she can sit down next to me so I say yes she sits down.

"Hi I'm Katniss Everdeen," She said, trying to take a conversation.

"Peeta Mellark," I said, sadly smiling.

Then she asks me what my phone number is so I tell her and she tells me hers she tells me some of her Hobbies and I tell her mine, when we are done she asks what happened to my eye I'm just silent, she says that its ok and that I don't have to tell her but I do.

"It's just that my mother beats me?" I say low and nervously... As it came out more question.

Katniss pov :

OH MY GOSH this is terrible his mom beats him that is bad, he was crying.

When I say its ok I hear my mom calling my name I tell him that I will text him later and he says ok. When I get to my mom she looks mad she grabs me by the hair and drags me to a closet and closes the door... 

"HOW COULD YOU DISOBEY ME AND NOT HANG OUT WITH GALE I WILL MAKE YOU GUYS DATE AND GET MARRIED WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!! WHERE WERE YOU????" She screams in my face.

But before I can say anything she slaps me then I'm dragged by my hair into the car. Wow what an awesome night I think in my head. But then I think about Peeta I can text him tonight. Could my life get any worse?

_______________________________________
The second part of my book hopes you liked it!?!?!