chapter 6

Meanwhile on the road...

"Say how 'bout some grub?" Plucky asked.

"Oh, good idea!" Mrs. Pig agreed as she parked to a drive-in restaurant.

"We'll order food for us while you guys have whatever you want." Patch said.

"Yum!" Hamton cheered as he ate with his family and offered some to share with his friends. "Cream cheese and mayo on white with the crusts cut off! My favorite!"

Plucky recoiled in utter disgust. Patch soon used his magic and made meals appear for him, Sabrina, Penelope, and Plucky.

"Thanks, Patch, you just saved my sanity." Penelope smiled.

The four of them then ate their meals before anything else could be said.

"They bring their own food to the drive-in, I don't believe this family..." Plucky sighed to his best friend's family antics.

"That's nine waters to go," a waitress rolled up. "Are you sure you don't want anything else?"

Patch soon used his magic to make other drinks appear for the four of them while the Pig family would have water.

"Thanks, Miss, we're fine." Mr. Pig took the water with his family and tipped the waitress.

"This food is so delicious." Plucky smiled as he enjoyed his meal.

Patch smiled to him.

"I just know this road trip won't end well..." Sabrina said. "I have a feeling at the pit of my stomach."

"Same here." Penelope said.

The car then pulled out of the drive-in and was back on the road.

"Well, after stuffing my face, I think it's time to feed my intellect." Plucky said before taking out a comic book from his backpack.

"Ooh, a comic book." Patch smiled.

"Here's the cream of my collection," Plucky smiled as he showed the others. "A pristine mint condition copy of Immature Radioactive Samurai Slugs, number one!"

"Ooh, now, Plucky, we don't allow Hamton to read comic books on family trips." Mrs. Pig scolded.

"Sheesh!" Plucky shoved the comic into his best friend's hands. "Typical parents... Convinced that comic books will savage a kid's cerebellum."

"Maybe it's because of some other reason." Patch said.

"He's right..." Hamton sounded sick. "Reading in the car always makes me... *gulp!*... Carsick!"

Patch soon conjured up a brown paper bag before giving it to Hamton. Hamton grabbed it as he looked incredibly sick and luckily missed the comic book as they drove up several hills which made the pig's stomach feel much worse.

"Thank goodness." Plucky sighed out of relief.

"Yeah, thank my magic." Patch looked relieved himself.

Back with Cherry, Atticus, Mo, Byron, Babs, and Buster, they were still on their raft as it was now dark and the fireflies were all out in bloom like in a ballet. And where Babs began to sing about food.

"We haven't eaten in weeks..." Cherry sounded weak.

"I'll conjure us up some food." Atticus said.

"No, you can't," Cherry said. "Drell took away your magic, remember?!"

"Oh, right." Atticus said before snapping his fingers in defeat before a pizza appeared.

Cherry looked up and yelped as the pizza then splatted right onto her.