Prologue

-Percy

Hi, I'm Percy Jackson. If you're reading this, then you're-

"Percy, they've already read the book! Stop babbling and get on with it!"

Sorry. That was Annabeth. I'd forgotten that you've already read my first book. So, you already know you're a demigod, right? What are you saying? You've also read the Heroes Of Olympus series? Wow. You're an active demigod reader. We don't have many demigod bookworms around here in Camp Half-Blood, since most of us are ADHD or dyslexic, so either they can't sit still while reading a book, or they simply can't read, which is my case. Right. So, the war with Gaia, you've read about that, right? Well, we're in for another rough ride. Stupid Fates. Why can't they just leave me alone for at least a month? Is that too much to ask? Apparently, it is, since they haven't left me alone ever since I came to Camp Half-Blood. I guess it's just... My luck. Ok, maybe I shouldn't blame all of it on the Fates. Maybe sometimes it was my fault; I admit I was reckless, too reckless in most of my adventures. And no matter how much I try, I just can't stop trying to save the world. That's my fatal flaw. I would willingly die to save my loved ones. You might think that's a good thing, and maybe it is, but most of the time it just gets me into deeper trouble than I already am in. Well, I guess I should stop "babbling" and start the story...