8

~Ariel's POV~

We finished shopping. Finally.

I was so tired I made Ajax carry me all the way to the room. He didn't mind though. I think.

I was now laying face down on the bed, my face in a pillow. I felt Ajax slowly take my shoes off and pulled the covers over me.

Then I fell asleep.

☆☆☆

I woke up to find an empty bed. My legs felt cold and I looked down to see that I was only wearing an oversized black shirt. I could tell it was Ajax's because it smelt so good.

I can't believe he changed me. But deep inside I had this feeling that I didn't really mind.

I looked at the clock and saw it was twelve in the afternoon. Wow. I slept for ages.

I had a quick shower (Is an hour quick?) then changed into a shirt and jean shorts. My stomach growled and I realized I haven't eaten since yesterday.

Just then, the door slammed open and Ajax appeared.

"Hey, kitten. How did you sleep?" He asked, walking over to me. I couldn't help but blush at the nickname.

"Great."

"Yeah I know. You talk in your sleep." He said, chuckling softly. My eyes widened.

"What did I say?" I asked, hoping I didn't say anything embarassing.

"Something about pizza toppings." He said, his voice amused. "And how you wanted to kill mushrooms."

I blushed.

"Come on. Let's get you something to eat." Elmo grabbed my hand and took me downstairs.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Pizza?"

☆☆☆

"So.. Can you turn into a werewolf anytime you like?" I asked him, whispering the 'Werewolf' part.

"Yeah. Except when it's full moon and our wolf takes control completely." He said, before gulping down a glass of water.

"That's.. Cool."

"Come on!" Ajax grabbed my hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked, while he dragged me outside.

"We're going for a ride. Get on." He ordered, turning around and squatting. I reluctantly got on.

Then there was a loud crack. And I was on a large black wolf.

Ajax growled as if to tell me to hold on so that's what I did. He started to run around the house a few times and into the forest.

The feeling was amazing. Having the wind rush through your hair. The wind shot at my face but I didn't care. This was awsome. I felt free. Like I didn't have a care in the world.

"Woo hoo!" I screamed.

Ajax came to a stop and I slid off his back.

"That. Was. Awesome!" I exclaimed and I couldn't stop grinning.

"Thank you, Ajax." I went up to him and rubbed his snout. I hugged the wolf and he growled approvingly.

Then there was another loud crack and I was suddenly hugging a very naked Ajax. I pulled back and covered my eyes.

"You have got to stop doing that!" Ajax just laughed and I peeked through my fingers. When I saw that he had on basketball shorts that were hanging dangerously low on his hips, I put my hands down.

In a second, Ajax was in front of me. Damn you werewolf perks!

"You're so cute." He mumbled, looking into my eyes. He was so close. I think I stopped breathing.

His eyes flickered down to my lips and back up to my eyes again. He leaned in closer. I just stood there, frozen on the spot. Our lips were so close.

"Alpha!" A voice called out.

Ajax turned away from me and growled angrily. "WHAT?!"

"R-rogues. O-on the b-border." The guy stuttered.

Ajax sighed and placed his finger and thumb on his nose. "Go!" He ordered and the guy scampered away. Then he turned to me again.

"I'm sorry."

I placed my hand on his shoulder. "It's fine. Just go." I said softly, not wanting him to get mad again. But I couldn't deny that mad Ajax was hot.

He half smiled and kissed my cheek. "James! Take Ariel back to the house. I'll see you soon, babygirl." He said, turning to me.

"I'm not a baby!"

But Ajax just grinned and left. I huffed and crossed my arms, then proceeded to follow the James guy back to the house. More like mansion.

Suddenly I heard a someone crying and I looked around to see who it was. I turned left and passed a lot of trees, following the cry. Finally, I found a little boy about the age of eight sitting down with his arms around his legs.

"Hey." I said softly, sitting down next to him. "What's wrong?"

"J- Jessica took m-my toy." He stammered out in between sobs.

"Well, I don't know who Jessica is but if I find her I'll tell her off for taking your toy, okay? Do you like ice cream?" I asked him.

He looked up at me with tear-stained cheeks. His eyes were big and brown and so innocent. All I wanted to do was pinch his cheeks but I held myself back. The little boy nodded.

"Well, let's go get some ice cream. Come on!" I stood up and the boy followed. I took his hand in mine and looked around, trying to figure out how to get back to the house.

"Luna! Luna!" James called out.

"I'm here!"

A panting James came out of the trees, his face relieved. "Oh thank god. It's this way." he continued his way to the house, keeping his eye on me so I didn't run off again.

"Are you going to be our Luna?" The boy asked, looking up curiously.

"Maybe." I said, smiling. "What's your name?"

"Max." Cute.