11

~Ariel's POV~

"Coz she wears shorts skirts, I wear t-shirts. She's cheer captain and-" I stopped singing. Great. I was supposed to hate that song.

I stopped jumping on the bed and sighed. It was getting boring in here. Ajax had another meeting.

Just then the door slammed open then shut again and Ajax stormed in. He came up to me and engulfed me in a tight hug. I knew he was beyond angry so I wrapped my arms around him. He was usually like this after he came back from those meetings.

We stood there for a few minutes. I ran my hands through his hair because I knew he liked that. He nuzzled his face in my neck and I could feel his hot breath on my skin.

"You better?" I broke the silence in a whisper.

"Yeah." He breathed out.

I pulled back but he pulled me into his chest. "No. Stay."

So I just wrapped my arms around him and enjoyed the moment, burying my face in his chest.

"Can I ask you why you're- um - mad?" I whispered, scared that he'll blow up. It was kind of muffled though so it probably came out as 'Csjdgd shvsn jd?'

Ajax sighed loudly and I looked up at his face. I noticed the dark circles under his eyes and the constant frown that he seemed to wear alot now.

I pulled out of the hug and lead him to the bed. We sat side by side.

"Rogues." Ajax finally said. I nodded remembering when Ajax explained rogues to me.

"It seems like they're forming their own pack or something but we haven't figured out what. I just- just want to protect the pack from everything."

I placed a pillow on my lap and patted it. Ajax sighed again and rested his head on my lap. I played with his hair as he continued to talk about rogues.

"And I just hope that our pack will be safe and yeah..." Ajax drifted off. I didn't miss how he said 'our' pack. I continued to play with his hair and I saw how vulnarable and innocent he looked.

His eyes were closed and his mouth was slightly open. And even with the dark circles under his eyes he still looked extremely handsome.

I had this weird urge to lean forward and kiss his pink lips. I shook my head as if to get rid of the thought.

This is getting creepy. I'm like the female Edward Cullen or something.

☆☆☆

I gaped at him.

"I can't believe you've never watched Harry Potter!"

"Nope. I haven't." He said shrugging like this was normal. Let me tell you this is not normal.

I just shook my head, still not believing him.

Ajax shrugged again and took one of my pancakes. My pancake.

"Oh you did not just do that."

"Oh, maybe I did." Ajax said, that famous smirk on his face.

I chased him around the counter then through the halls and down staircases. This was an unfair game. He had werewolf perks and I was just human. An unfit human at that.

After running for what felt like hours (Probably five minutes), I stopped and leaned on the wall, totally out of breath. I slid down and sat. I think I need a few minutes.

The door to my left opened and Sarah stepped out of it.

"Um hi. Luna." She bowed her head, avoiding my eye contact.

"It's Ariel. You can look at me, you know." I said, brushing dust off my pants and getting up.

"Oh. Are you alright, um, Ariel?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I was just playing a game." Just as I said that, I felt a pair of warm arms wrap around me from behind.

"Did you give up, kitten?" Ajax whispered in my ear and I blushed, remembering that Sarah was right in front of us.

"No. It wasn't a fair game. You're a werewolf and I'm not." I protested.

"Whatever you say, kitten." Ajax pressed a soft kiss to my neck and I held back a moan.

Sarah shifted on the spot, obviously feeling uncomfortable. "Alpha." She addressed Ajax, bowing her head.

"Sarah." Ajax nodded politely in her direction and continued to nuzzle his face into my neck.

"I'm going to go now. Bye." Sarah said quickly and then fled as if her butt was on fire.

"I want to take you out somewhere." Ajax said, swaying on the spot.

"Where?" I asked curiously.

"You'll see. Tomorrow." He said and pressed another kiss to my neck. I accidentally let out a moan.

Ajax stiffened behind me.

I pulled away from Ajax and he just stood there, frozen with a dazed look on his face. At least I get a head start.

"Race you to the room." I shouted and took off running.

Even with a headstart, there was no way I was going to win.