4

~Ariel's POV~

I just stared at him like he was dumb.

Did he think I was supposed to know what that meant?

I just frowned and shook my head. Ajax frowned and it made him look like a puppy. I probably looked like a potato.

Ajax sat up, pulling me into his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and I shivered at his touch. He placed his chin on my shoulder and I couldn't help but think that this felt really nice.

"So.. us werewolves have mates. It's kind of like a soulmate. They are meant to be together."

I nodded slowly, processing the information. My stomach growled loudly and I blushed furiously.

Ajax chuckled and pressed a kiss to my cheek making me turn a deeper shade of tomato.

"Let's go get you something to eat." I let him pull me up and lead me to the kitchen, ignoring the tingly feeling in my cheek.

He sat me down on the stool and jumped over the counter easily.

"Show off." I muttered.

He turned and grinned widely. "What did you say?" He asked leaning forward on the counter.

"Nothing."

"I totally heard you." He kept grinning cheekily, showing off his deep dimples.

That's really cute.

"I'm gonna call you elmo." I blurted out.

"What?" His grin dropped. "What about something more- I dunno- manly?"

"Nope. It's Elmo. And I'm gonna wait in there." I said, pointing at the door to the dining room. Well, I think it was anyway.

"What? No I can't leave you out of my sight."

"Why not? I pinky promise that I won't try to escape." I said excitedly and holding out my pinky.

"Really? Pinky promise? How old are you?" He asked, crossing his arms, amusement clear in his eyes.

"Just do it." I urged.

"Fine." He held my pinky in his own and sparks shot through my arm.

I turned to walk into the dining room.

"Wait!" I turned back at Elmo's voice. He took a few steps forward and pressed a long lasting kiss on my cheek. He pulled back and smiled a million dollar smile.

My cheeks heated up and I went to sit in the dining room. I walked around the large dining table, looking around.

"Hey." I heard a deep voice say, making me look up.

I saw a guy with dirty blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He was obviously attractive.

Not as attractive as Ajax.

I ignored the voice in my head and smiled up at the guy.

"Hi. I'm Ariel." I said, sticking my hand out. He shook it with a smile.

"I'm Blake. So... Are you new? I've never seen you around before." He sat down on one of the chairs and I followed, sitting opposite him.

"Yeah." I said not really sure how to explain. I mean I guess I could say I was living a normal life when I was kidnapped by some attractive guy and he happens to be my mate. But I thought against it.

"What are you doing in here anyway?" He asked looking at me with twinkling blue eyes. They were nice.

Ajax's eyes were way better.

"I'm just waiting for someone. You?" I asked.

"I was just gonna get a drink." He stood up and I followed. "You should come check out the game room sometime."

"Yeah sure."

"Here." He pulled out a pen and grabbed my hand to write his number on it. There were no tingly feelings.

"Okay thanks Blake. I'll make sure to check it out sometime." I said and smiled at him, glad to have made a friend.

"Okay I'll see you later." He leaned in for a hug and I hugged him back. Until I was ripped out of his clutches and into someone's hard chest.

I look up to see a mad Ajax, glaring daggers at Blake. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and I felt secure.

"Mine!" He growled at Blake. Blake looked like he was about to pee his pants. He lowered his head down.

"I'm s-sorry A-alpha. I didn't know sh-she was w-with you. Alpha." He added, stuttering. I would be stuttering too if I didn't find mad Ajax hot.

"GO!" He barked and Blake scampered away.

He turned to me and pushed me up against the wall, his bare chest pressed against mine.

"Who the fu-" I cut him off by placing my hand over his mouth. I didn't like swearing. I took my hand off and he continued.

"What the fu-" I cut him off again, his expression turning from angry to confused. I took my hand off again and waited for what he was gonna say.

"You are mine. No other man is allowed to touch or look at you." He growled lowly, his angry face was back. "Mine." He whispered huskily and I could feel his lips graze my ear. My heart was beating faster than usual.

Should I run?

I think I should run.

Before I could do anything, he pulled back and grabbed the plate that he had put aside earlier. It looked like pancakes. Yum.

He picked me up easily and threw me over his shoulder. This guy is so hulk.

He carried me like that all the way to the room.

Hmm. Cute butt.