Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

KRIS POV 

I kept replaying the scene over and over in my head. I just saw my girlfriend Anne kissing some other guy inside the moviehouse! I'm not a confrontational type of guy and I didn’t want to create a scene so I just walked out of the moviehouse. But I was THIS close to punching this guy in the face! And Anne? She and I need to have a very serious talk.  How could she do this to me! Gawain ba ng isang matinong babae yun?!  She’s nothing but a two-timing  ….. SOMETHING! I don’t want to name her names. Hindi ako pinalaki ng ganun. Pero….aaarrrggghhhh! Galit ako!

Derrick: Uy Kris! Ano na? Pinapunta mo ko dito tapos di ka na naman nagsasalita. Ano na naman ba nangyari?

Kinuwento ko kay Rick ang nakita ko sa sinehan.

Derrick: Why am I not surprised? Kris, ikaw lang naman ang nagbubulag-bulagan diyan eh. Sinabi ko na sa iyo dati, Anne is not the right girl for you. Nakinig ka ba? HINDEEEE !!!

Kris: Oo na, kasalanan ko na. Tanga ko kasi eh! Pero pare, niloko niya ko!  Ako pa? Hindi pa ipinapanganak ang babaeng makakaisa sa akin!

Derrick: Eh naisahan ka na nga eh! Teka nga, mahal mo ba talaga si Anne kaya ka nagkakaganyan? Feeling ko nasasaktan lang ang ego mo eh.

Kris: Huh?

Derrick: Never mind. Alam mo Kris, look at the bright side, you now have a reason to get rid of her. Pare, I’m telling you, she’s not worth it. At least habang maaga, nalaman mo na ang totoong ugali niya. Kung ako sa iyo, break up with her.

Kris:  Alam mo tama ka.  Hindi na dapat patagalin to. I'm going to break up with her...TONIGHT!

I texted Anne right there and then telling her me to meet me. She’ll be in for the biggest surprise of her life!

JOYCE POV

Why did I even agree to this? Anne! Ano na naman itong gulo na pinasok mo? Gagawa ng problema niya tapos expect me to clean up her mess?! If my family didn’t owe her family this much hindi ako papayag sa mga favors niya eh. Bata pa lang kami ganito na ang ugali niya. Hanggang ngayon ba naman?! I don’t even know this guy. Why can’t she face him herself? Bakit ako pa?  Oh my god, I have a bad feeling about this. Feeling ko this time, things will backfire on me. Mali talaga eh. Mali!

Sana lang hindi na dumating yung guy. Please, please, please Lord. Oh no, may pumasok sa coffeeshop. Siya na kaya yun? Shoot.. I think it’s him. Anne, I swear this is the last time I’m doing you any favor.  Come on Joyce, just walk up to the guy and and get it over and done with!

KRIS POV

I’ve been in here for about an hour already. As usual, late na naman sa Anne!  Di marunong tumupad sa usapan. Grabe, lumalabas na lahat ng mga kinaiinisan ko sa kanya. All these little things keep piling up. Tama si Rick. She’s not worth it. Buti na lang I’ve made up my mind to break up with her tonight. Uunahan ko na siya.  

While waiting for her, I noticed this girl who keeps on glancing at me. She’s pretty…chinita…maputi. See Kris? There are a lot of other girls out there. Find yourself a much better person than your soon to be ex. I looked at her again. This girl really is pretty. If hindi lang ako bad trip ngayon, I might actually introduce myself to her. Di bale, malay mo, I might bump into her some other time. Basta for now, tatapusin ko muna itong problema ko. Asan na ba si Anne?

After a few minutes, someone tapped me from behind. Paglingon ko, it was her, that pretty girl.

JOYCE POV

Nahuli niya ako nakatingin sa kanya! And he's staring back at me! Kinakabahan ako. Hindi ko ata kayang gawin ito. Joyce, the sooner you do this, the better! Huwag mo na patagalin. Lapitan mo na.  Ok, here goes nothing…

Joyce: Uhm, excuse me? Hi…You must be Kris.

KRIS POV

Nagulat ako. Nilapitan ako nung girl. And she knows my name too. Ang aggressive naman nito...

Kris: Yes. How did you know my name?

Joyce: Uhm, it doesn’t matter. Anyway, I’ll just keep this short and straight to the point…. Anne wanted me to tell you na... break na daw kayo….and that she...she doesn’t love you anymore…. So, that’s it…Goodbye…

Kris: Wait…

Joyce: Sorry…

Kris: Wait! Sandali!

She just walked out of the coffeeshop as fast as she could. I was stumped. WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!