Chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

JOYCE POV

I woke up with the sunlight filtering through my window. I had the best sleep of my life. But I just didn’t want to get up yet. I snuggled into the covers and just let my thoughts drift to last night. I still can’t believe it. May boyfriend na ako! Kinikilig pa din ako until now everytime I recall what happened. The ambiance...the music...the moment...and the person I shared the moment with. It was all so surreal. I couldn’t help it. I wanted to scream but I might wake up the neighbors. So I stuffed a pillow in my face and let out all the kilig that I’m feeling! Kris loves me! He really loves me! Wieeeee! I never thought that this would happen. And just as I was thinking of him, my phone rang. It’s him calling me. Palpitations galore!

Joyce: Hello?

I couldn’t keep the kilig out of my voice!

Kris: Hi hon. Mmmm.....good morning!

He sounded like he also just woke up. His voice still sounded dreamy.

Kris: Did you have a good night’s sleep?

Joyce: Oo naman. Ikaw?

Kris: Yup. The best sleep ever. Sino ba naman ang hindi sasarap ang tulog after sagutin ng babaeng pinakamamahal niya diba?

Gusto ko matunaw sa sobrang kilig!

Kris: So what’s the first thing you did when you woke up?

I simply answered,

Joyce: I thought of you…

I could tell that he didn’t expect that answer from me. Napatahimik siya on the other end of the line. But it's true. He's the first coherent thought I had when I woke up today. Actually, he's always my first thought in the morning ever since I realized my feelings for him.

Joyce: Uy, Kris, are you still there?

Kris: Yes, sorry. Natuwa naman ako dun. Talaga?

Joyce: Oo naman. I thought of you and how you proposed to me. I thought of you and I realized how lucky I am that you love me. I thought of you and I thank God for you.

Then he said in a more serious tone.

Kris: I love you Joyce.

Joyce: Ang aga naman mag I love you. Haha.

But deep inside, I really feel so much in love!

Kris: Tawanan ba ako? Iba ang gusto ko na reaction mo eh. I’m waiting…

I know exactly what he’s waiting for pero I decided to play a joke on him first.

Joyce: For what?

Kris: Ehem…

Joyce: Ano nga?

Kris: EHEM…

Joyce: Ano nga po?

Kris: Ganun? Excited pa naman ako to hear you say it.

Joyce: Say what?

Kris: Joyce naman eh. Sure ka? You really don’t know? Nakakatampo ka naman eh.

Joyce: Ang alin? Ang "I love you"? Haha. Joke lang.

Then in a softer and sweeter voice I said…

Joyce: Good morning hon. I love you.

Kris: There, that’s better. 

Joyce: Ok ba? How am I doing as a girlfriend so far?

Kris: Perfect! Haha. So what are we going to do today?

Joyce: Pwede ba matulog na lang ulit at managinip?

Kris: Nope. Reality is much better than dreams where you are concerned. We are going to spend the day together.

Joyce: I’d like that too. Kaya lang, I need to cover for someone sa coffeeshop. So I won’t be free until 7pm pa.

Kris: That’s ok. I’ll just see you 7. Sunduin kita after your shift. Ok ba yun?

Joyce: Yup. So where are we going on our first official date?

Kris: Ikaw, where do you want to go?

I remembered what he told me the other day.

Joyce: I’d go anywhere with you

Kris: Naks, ang sweet naman! Kinikilig ako sobra! Haha!

Joyce: Ganun, tawanan ba ako! Eh di wag na lang.

Kris: Joke lang! Sarap nga ng feeling ko everytime you say something sweet eh.

Joyce: Me too.

Kris: So, I’ll see you tonight hon. Breakfast ka na ha?

Joyce: Ok. Ikaw din. Love you. Ingat today.

I put the phone down and I just smiled. I love these light moments with him. Even a simple phone conversation with him already feels like a "moment". I kept my smile all through breakfast and all the way to work. I love the feeling of being in love. No, let me correct that. I love the feeling of being in love...with Kris.

KRIS POV

Ganito pala ang feeling ng in love. I haven't felt like this with anybody before. And I know that I won't feel this with anybody else. Si Joyce lang...Kay Joyce lang talaga... Everytime I think about it, I can't help but think that love really moves in mysterious ways. Just like the song. Kris, ang corny mo na, sobra! Hahaha!  Pero totoo naman eh. Who would have thought that Joyce would be the one for me? To think that we met under an unusual circumstance...That she even tried to run away and said goodbye everytime...That I even tried to fight what I'm feeling for her...And then now, we're together. She loves me! Ang saya saya ko lang. Ang tagal naman ng oras! I can't wait to see her and hold her and hug her. Basta! Sana mag-7 pm na! Haha!