Chapter #11

Our laughs echoed through the yogurt shop and I have never felt more joyful. Jack had this amazing sense of humor that I'd never guess anyone would have. It was unique and I don't think there would ever be a dull moment with this guy. He completely made me forget about Shawn. Almost as if he didn't exist and I don't regret that at all. Shawn showed his true colors. He's the kind of dude who would immediately get with someone else after a break up. No, it wasn't just a random hook-up; he asked her to be his girlfriend! If he had a crush on this girl for I don't know how long, then what was I to him? A side chick??

"Trust me, you will run into many different kinds of people. Nice ones and bad ones. Even people who will lead you on like Shawn." Jack says

"He sure did lead me on. And for what, possibly?? To prove to his friends that he can get a girlfriend? To temporarily fill the empty hole in his heart?"

"You need to be more careful who you surround yourself with. Don't start going out with a guy you barely know and be blinded by his appearance."

"Thanks for the tip. What are you doing later?"

"Oh, I was just going to shower and hit up the club with a few friends tonight. They got a pool table. Why, you wanna join?"

"I can definitely use a distraction."

Actually, Jack was all the distraction I need. Not one second Shawn came to mind. This guy was beautiful, almost angelic. Bleach blonde hair, big muscles, gray eyes and a good advice giver. I gave him my number and address for when he picks me up. We go our separate ways and to be honest, I feel tingly. I don't know what kind of feeling this was but I'm single once again and I can hang out with other guys without a problem. I come home with a fresh smile on my face. Mom is sitting comfortably on the armchair with hot tea in her hands.

"I ran into a friend and I'm going to hang out with him tonight."

"Ooh, is it Shawn? It's okay sweetie, there's no problem with calling him by his first name."

"No. No, mom his name is Jack. It's a different guy."

"Oh, and you didn't invite Shawn?"

"Mom! Please do not mention Shawn anymore I really don't want anything to do with him anymore!"

"Oh no." She stands up and hugs me "What happened?"

"When you told me to call him back, I heard him with another girl. And...he hung the phone up on me."

"Hey, it's okay. Screw him. If it was really meant to be, you'd leave it and it will come back to you another time. But if it doesn't, then you two were never meant to be."

"Thanks, mom."

"So where are you and this other guy going?"

"He and a couple of friends of his are going to some club with a pool table."

"Ooh how fun! You know I'm an expert at pool."

"I never knew that."

"Of course you didn't. I know you don't know much about me and that's upsetting to think about."

"Right. Well, I'm going to go shower for tonight."

"Alright, Cami."

She sits back down on her armchair and I go shower. The hot, steamy atmosphere has brought back a comfortable memory. It gave me time to think and relax. Until I remembered those times I showered at Shawn's apartment. Why in the world did that come to mind? Why did I think that every second I was there, was special to me? Maybe if I never have met him, my heart wouldn't be so broken. But it's not; I met Jack. I have to stop, because Jack looks way out of my league and probably has a girlfriend. Oh the endless cycle resumes. If Shawn wants to play that game, then I'm gonna play. Jack will be mine for as long as I can have him. I'm gonna let go and forget all of it ever happened. What the hell am I saying?