Chapter #17

Camila's POV

I'm preparing for the movie premiere tonight and I'm beyond excited. My parents bought a two thousand dollar periwinkle dress that was extremely unnecessary. At least Jack and I will look stunning together. I take a hot shower, fix my hair and put on the dress. As I look at my arms, I've noticed that the cuts have faded a lot. How could this happen? I mean, scars heal and all but this drastically? I guess from all the weight and stress lifted from my body, it sort of healed itself. I resume my makeup and apply a nude color lipstick. I'm all dolled up (which rarely happens) and I'm ready for show time. I don't know if I should be nervous or excited. The thought of being in a movie and it staying there forever is kinda weird. People will be watching it over and over, depending on if they like it. My phone rings alerting me that Jack is outside. I grab my clutch and head outside. My parents and my brother are dressed up as well standing near the polished limo. We all clean up good I can tell you that.

"Hello, Camila. You look beautiful." Jack kisses my cheek and opens the door for me to get in

"You don't look too bad yourself, handsome." I reply with a wink

"Oh this is so exciting! My own daughter doing something we'd never expect." My mom squeals.

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" My dad says while giving her a raised eyebrow.

"Let's go before we're late. I'm looking forward to the after party." Cameron butts in.

"Why, so you can meet girls and get drunk off the mini bar?" Dad responds.

"Precisely." Cameron says.

We arrive at the theatre and there's tons of paparazzi and expensive cars present. As soon as Jack, my family and I slip out of the limo, almost all eyes are on us. This is giving me major tingles, and I don't mean in a bad way! We start walking towards the carpet and we take several photos. Along with that, paparazzi kept shouting out unusual things at me all of a sudden. I don't know who those questions are for.

"Camila! Why'd you sabotage that person?"

"Are you ashamed for what you did?"

"How was it working on your first movie!?"

"Are you and Jack Lake dating?!"

What the hell are they talking about??! Sabotaging who?? Do they know something I don't? I need an answer because I can't provide it to them. After millions of flashing camera lights and weird questions, we walk into the building and sit in our reserved seats. All of the cast members from the movie are there as well and they greet me with a gentle smile. I spot quite a few A and B list celebrities too. After a while, the movie plays for the first time and my heart rapidly beats. I make a sharp exhale and attempt to move the string of hair from my face. Jack moves it behind my ear and takes my hand. My hands are always cold and it was comforting for his warm hand to interlock with mine.

After the movie was over, everyone from the cast and crew congratulated each other and the higher ranked celebrities did as well. We make our way to the after party and Jack leads me into a more reserved room with velvet couches. He hands me a soda and we talk for a bit.

"I am so proud of you, babe. You're a gifted actor and a wonderful person."

"I'm flattered that you think that. I say the same about you."

I couldn't be any more awkward at this point. I just don't know how to put words together in front of a guy like him. I don't know how to put words together in front of anyone. My cheeks turn a rosy pink as I look down upon my heels. In my peripheral vision, I see him set down his drink and place his right hand on my neck. I feel my pulse beating like a sledgehammer. (I had to put that) Why am I letting time go by from me feeling anxious all the time? I like this guy and every second that goes by will never return. I just go for it, grab his shoulders and kiss him passionately. His feels a whole lot different than Shawn's. I would not know how to describe it at all. It's more like an "I don't know what this is, but I love it" type feeling. My broken heart has been safety pinned and I already am attached to Jack.