Chapter 5

Dillon's point of view

Twiggy walked towards me. Fuck. I was with them too long. He smacked me. "don't be so rough with that girl she's mine. Now listen here Dillon and hear me good unless you want all your friends in there dead I suggest you be my eyes and ears. And if you do this I'll see about getting you some food for the others. Don't fail me Dillon. " twiggy said. "alright sir. And sorry you need to understand I'm just watching out for my people by being rough I didn't know she wasn't a threat. " I explain.

"ha she is no threat at all. In fact she is quite fun let me tell you something she's not a threat but she is deadly. Don't rub her the wrong way or shell make you regret it she almost got me. " twiggy said giggling. I was shocked by his words. Everyone who had tried to kill twiggy ended up losing and dying twiggy was not a very merciful person. He let that girl live she must be something special. And she actually came close to killing him. Then why did she let that guy hide her from me?

"hehe I have to go now btw Marilyn's out looking for work I think you should go see her for me. Don't tell them anything. " twiggy said then he left. well fuck. I guess I have to go see her. I brought this on myself in a way I guess. I shouldn't have showed her somewhere to go I should have just told her this institute was occupied and she would have left on her way.

I came to the door of the cabin. I knocked. And...

Samuels point of view

I heard a knock on the door and I rushed to answer hoping Marilyn was back. I looked out the peephole in the door and saw it was Dillon. Oh should I let him in. Or. Marilyn told me to not let anyone in and its possible he has a key to this cabin anyway plus if he is mad or something id just piss him off more by not letting him in. There was another knock on the door bringing me out of my thoughts. "hold on I'll be right there. " I said and unlocked the door. Then I turned the door knob. "hey. " I said. He looked ne up and down and then replied, "hey. Is Marilyn home? "

How should I answer that. What could he need with Marilyn. Or is he gonna try something. I reached my hand into my pocket and kept it on a pocket knife I had found stuck in the wood of the picnic table. "why? Did something happen? " I asked innocently. "ummm no I was just wondering. " Dillon said shyly. "oh. No he's out looking for a job, " I paused. I should say something else what should I say. Then it popped into my mind. "he could be back at any time though. " I finished. I smiled at him. "oh well do you mind if I come in and hang out. " Dillon said. "why? " I questioned curiously.

"ummm well your place has air conditioning and the institute doesn't so I was wondering if you mind me cooling off a bit. " he said rubbing the back of his neck with his hand nervously. I took my hand off the pocket knife. That seemed like a good reason. Was he being serious though? "yea sure come in make yourself comfy. " I said opening the door wider and letting him come in. I smiled at him.

"do you want something to eat you look like a walking skeleton? " I asked and then teased him. He smiled at me. "well food doesn't come easy in this part so I don't wanna steal all your food. " Dillon said awkwardly. "oh no, its fine we have plenty and we owe you it for letting us use this place. " I said. He nervously laughed, "yea I guess I'll eat if you won't have me not eating. " "you can either sit on the couch in the living room or wait in here while I make food its up to you. " I said.

"I'll wait in here while you cook and we can chat. " he said sitting down in a kitchen chair. "OK sounds good water, coffee, tea, or soda? " I asked him. "I'll just take some water. " he replied and I got him a cup of water. Then I pulled out the pocket knife and threw it at the table. Successfully sticking it in the table. He jumped.