Chapter 6

"so what are you really here for? " I said. Then I handed him the water. "exactly what I said its hot in the institute and I have no air conditioner there so I came here. " he said. I made some lame lunch meat sandwiches. I handed him one and I began eating mine. "some how I don't believe you. " I said pulling out my cigarettes and lighter I stuck a cigarette in my mouth and lit it.

"may I have a smoke." he asked. "yea. " I said. I lit his cigarette off of mine and then gave it to him. "thanks. " he replied reaching out with a bony hand to grab it. "no problem. " I said turning away and starring off out the window above the sink. And I zoned out. My imagination took a hold of me and then I had dreams of having kids with Marilyn all of us smiling playing out in the lake. Then the day dream turned down a darker path our kid drowned Marilyn was trying to get to him but couldn't get to him in time.

I zoned back out and a teardrop escaped my eyes and I feel to my knees. "Samuel. Are you OK? " Dillon said getting up and rushing over to me. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "yea I'm fine. Just a day dream. " I said getting up. "oh. " Dillon replied. Then he rest himself at the table. I walked over to the table and sat down at the spot opposite of Dillon. "so rumor has it that you almost killed twiggy. " he said. I let an awkward silence hang around us before I spoke. "well he was the dumbass who left me alone in a room with knifes by myself. " I said starring off into space.

I lit up another cigarette. "oh. " Dillon said putting out his cigarette. We sat there for a bit in silence. Then Dillon spoke, "so what was your life like before the devil. " the way he stated it he sounded like he didn't really wanna know but he was trying to strike you a conversation. "it was alright. " I said. "my life before wasn't good, filled with bully's, drugs, and suicide. " Dillon said. "oh. " I said. We sat there in silence for a while and it was getting dark outside. Not dark dark just getting later. The sun hadn't yet even began setting.

Something in my head told me to tell Dillon to leave. "I think you should go. Marilyn should be back within another hour. " I said. "oh OK, alright see you around thanks for the food. " he replied getting up and I walked him to the door. I let him out and shut and locked the door behind him. I grabbed the knife off the table and put it back into my pocket.

I made some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and grabbed a couple of cans of soda. Then I heard a knock at the door. I looked through the peek hole and saw the one and only Marilyn. I unlocked the door and let him in. I hugged him. Then I ran and got the sandwiches and drinks. "follow me. " I said. He looked at me confused but followed me anyway. I lead him out to the picnic table that overlooked the lake and the sunset. The sun had just started setting and it was beautiful. I sat the food down on the table and then sat down.

Marilyn sat down next to me and held my hand. "isn't it beautiful? " I asked. "its even more beautiful with you here. " he answered cheesily. "don't go all cliche on me now Marilyn. " I said teasing him. He smiled. "oh by the way I got some job interviews tomorrow. So I'll be out again tomorrow sorry babe. " he said cuddling me. "its fine. " I said then opened a can of soda. Then i sipped it.

We sat there cuddle up eating our food and watching the sunset until we saw stars. Then I let out a yawn. "come on let's go inside and get some sleep. " Marilyn said. I didn't argue and he carried me inside I almost passed out in his arms. But thankfully didn't he set me down in bed and cuddle up next to me. And with that I was asleep.