Chapter 10 IN EDITING

Done and done?

What did that mean?

Lauren looked around the room then into the mirror at the collar that was still around her neck. She started to sob, shaking all over.

Cody watched her, then moved to grab her by the thick leather strap. "Don't cry... I'm going to take good care of you. I'll promise..." He hugged her softly, his arms warm and loving. So very unlike Mark...

She found herself thinking back about him. Her memories seemed foggy. He only seemed to care sometimes, only to break her. Making her feel hopeless. He loved her, he had to love her. She knew he did.

"I.. I just want my Mark back!" She cried out then her feet left the ground and she was sat on the bed. He started to feed her silently as she thrashed around.

"No! No! No!" Her breathing went uneven and ragged.

"Calm down... Don't hyperventilate my love..." He cooed, and this only made her breathing more ragged. She pulled away from him and screamed.

"No! Don't touch me!" She exclaimed then thrashed at him even more. Cody got up, then looked down at his feet. He moved to slowly kiss her hand, then left.

Lauren screamed and cried leaving herself in a heap. Hours after, she moved to look at the food, then started to shakily eat. The bread tasted... Different. Not bad, but better. Pure almost. She looked at the water and it has a bluish tent. What was that?

Her breathing went ragged, and then she curled up. It was late that night when Cody came back to her.

He kissed her nose and she blinked at him silently.

"Please, I love you. I care so much for you. I've protected you for years, have you watched over..."

He started softly, stroking her hair.

"No! Mark was there for me!" Lauren screeched. Sounding broken.

"But who do you think I protected you from?" He whispered. "He only wanted to hurt you. All the way to the day he decided that he'd keep you as his mate."

"As a what?" Lauren whispered. Snuggling into his chest slightly, his sent overwhelming.

"Aww... You're so cuddly... And a mate. He thought he could have my Lauren." He sighed then patted the top of her head. "You're such a pretty girl. Yes you are! Here, let's get you ready for bed..."

"I'm not a pet!" She screamed then thrashed more. He laughed then undressed her, his strength inhuman. Soon, she was covering her chest with tiny hands, in just the lacy thong she found in the drawer. He moved to reach for the waistband, covering her mouth to block a scream as he ripped the thin fabric off her.

Lauren started to sob and moved to cover herself helplessly. He then undressed so quickly she missed it in a blink. Then, he was on top of her. Screams filled the room as his lips pressed to her neck, and then forced one of her legs to wrap around him.

"Shh... Don't cry..." He soothed then shifted to lay on his side, pressing her to his chest. He kissed her softly, then just held her in his arms.

Lauren waited for him to hurt her, but he only rubbed her back with a large soft hand. Then, he moved to kiss her neck softly. This time, she didn't scream, but went stiff under his loving hands. Starting to cry harder.

"Love..." Cody whimpered then just resumed holding her again. "Sleep. Just know I'm taking what I want from you first thing in the morning."