Chapter 3

Chapter 3

  Two weeks had come and gone in no time at all. My grandmother was still acting strangely so I thought it best not to mention my dream to her. That would only give her a heart attack… yea, not a good idea. I had started to hear the voice even more now. Instead of just saying my name though it was a mixture of ‘come home’ and ‘I need you’ it was starting to freak me out to be honest. Although I knew I had to keep it to myself I couldn’t help but feel as though something strange was going on. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but something or someone was messing with the Robinson family and I wasn’t going to have any of it.

“I’m telling you now Stella, you need to get a boyfriend. You are just alone all the time. If I were I’d go insane.” Hanna said leaning against the door to the shop watching me work. I laughed for more than one reason.

“Yea, well you show me a guy who can appreciate me and my sister as well as handle my schedule, I’ll date him.” I answered knowing no guy would want to bring my little sister on a date. Which is what would happen.

“You are so screwed up.” Hanna muttered when I slid under the car to fix a muffler that was acting up. She and I usually caught up around this time seeing the guys went out to lunch leaving us alone. It was nice to have at least some girl time. I’m not totally out there, I enjoy spending time with friends.

“Uh Excuse me. I’m looking for Stella Robinson? Is she in today?” A deep husky voice asked from who knows where. I didn’t really think of it at first. It was probably just someone dropping off parts I had ordered.

“That’s her right there.” Hanna answered and I could hear in her voice that whoever it was talking was hot. She had that distinct tone of ‘Holy crap you’re smoking!’. I sighed and slid out knowing they needed me to sign some stuff. Why I had to do all the ordering as well as the dirty work (no pun intended) was beyond me. Who knew what J.D. did in the office all day. I stood up and grabbed my rag to clean the soot off of my hands before turning to the delivery guy. I paused for a minute. Not only was he not a delivery guy, not only was there one of them but two, but they were both like Hanna had insinuated, smoking hot. I cleared my throat taking hold of my dirty thoughts and tossed the rag aside. The taller of the two, who had longer brown hair and to die for puppy dog eyes reached out to shake my hand first. 
“Hello Ms. Robinson I’m Agent Page and this is my partner Agent Ford. We’ve come to ask you a few questions if you don’t mind.” He spoke clearly and I knew that the other one, who in my opinion was slightly hotter than the other, must have spoken first. I liked guys with deep voices. But the thing that captured me most was his eyes. They were a brilliant green color that glowed with a mysterious light. Simply gorgeous. They both flashed their FBI badges at me with the designated names. I took the one from Agent Ford and looked at it for a minute. It appeared real enough but I learned not to trust everything I saw.

“Ok so if this is about that speeding fine, I totally paid that last week.” I held up my hands now cautious. What FBI guys wanted with me I didn’t know. I didn’t do anything wrong… so I thought. Agent Ford cracked a smile and put his credentials back in the pocket of his suit jacket.

“Relax we’re here to help. Your grandmother Rebecca sent us to get you. We need your help with an… issue that’s come up.” Agent Ford folded his hands together in front of him in a serious manner. I looked back at Hanna who motioned for me to go mouthing the word ‘hot’ as she did so. I scratched my head thinking about how much stink I’d get from J.D. when I saw him next and sighed. 
“Alright. I guess I don’t a have a choice anyway.” I rolled my shoulders and took my hat and tool belt off giving Hanna a look asking her to cover for me. I walked behind the two agents through the parking lot and paused for a moment admiring the car they drove.