Chapter 4

Chapter 4

“I don’t know about you but I’m getting out of this monkey suit.” Dean stood up and pulled his tie off roughly. I wasn’t sure if I was in shock or just scared. Either way it was pretty bad. Sam and Dean went back out to their car leaving me alone with my grandma who rubbed my arm lovingly.

“How am I supposed to kill demons? How am I supposed to kill Satan’s creation?” I shook my head getting overwhelmed again.  Things were just too complicated already, this was just over the edge.

“It’ll come to you. It’s in your blood. Dean and Sam will help you. They know what they need to do.” Grandma answered kissing my forehead.

“If this Cirian is so bad how are you still… alive?” I breathed out looking at her feeling more tears. She didn’t say anything at first but reached for something around her neck.

“This is how. Your grandfather gave it to me before he died. It protects me from evil spirits. That one you have is the same way. You’ll be safe as long as you wear it.” She finally spoke showing me a replica of the necklace I had just put around my neck.

“That’s helpful.” I laughed sarcastically rubbing the cool metal with my fingers losing myself in thought again.

“How am I going to support Daisy when I can’t work? I’m sure being a hunter doesn’t pay well.” I groaned exasperated. This was seriously becoming a problem. I knew what I had to do, but it didn’t make things easier.

“Before Joseph and Sienna died they took out an insurance policy for the both of them and left it for me to keep track of.” Grandma stood up and walked over to her file drawer and pulled out a piece of paper to show me. I looked at it and my jaw dropped.

“A half a million for each of them?” I gaped at the sheet in my hand.

“It was a safety precaution for you and your sister. It’ll be enough to support us as well as you and the Winchesters when you leave.”

“No kidding.” I muttered still not believing what I was seeing and hearing. How would you react to someone telling you the boogey man was real? Exactly.

“What about you and Daisy? I can’t just go off and leave you two alone with a maniac running around threatening to kill you both.” I shook my head. Like I would leave them alone to fend for themselves while I ran off to go play hunter with two complete strangers even though they were hot.

“Don’t worry about us. She can stay with me. Daisy is a strong girl just like you. She’ll understand. We can handle ourselves my dear girl.” She hugged me tightly as if it was our last goodbye.

“I can’t tell her what’s going on. She’ll probably have a heart attack even though she is 13.” I commented rubbing my temples to try and help my headache. Just then Sam and Dean came walking back in changed from business suits to jeans, boots and t-shirts.

“So when are we supposed to leave?” I asked openly not caring who answered.

“We just got a call actually there’s been a poltergeist problem in Tyler Texas. So if possible… tomorrow?” Sam slipped his cell phone into his pocket sitting back down in the old chair with a sigh.

“Tomorrow? Right.” I muttered standing up and pacing around the room for a bit. What was I supposed to do just leave my family, my job and school just like that? People would think I was deserting Daisy and Grandma. Half a day was barely enough for me to say goodbye to Daisy let alone prepare for this. I hung my head rubbing the back of my neck not really caring if they were watching me.

“Alright. I’m in. Let’s get thing over with.” I muttered looking around and sure enough my little group all had their eyes on me.

“Well then let me be the first to say, welcome to the team Stella.” Dean stood up with a quick nod of his head. Sam wasn’t too far behind.