Chapter 6

Chapter 6

  That night the brothers and I stopped at a small run down looking motel somewhere in Longview, Texas, which was only a skip away from Tyler but Dean and Sam said it was best to strategize and rest here. They were the experts so I didn’t argue. I grabbed my two bags out of the back of the Impala while Sam checked us in.

“Hey, are you sure you are ok? Leaving family isn’t an easy thing. Especially if you are traveling with two strange guys.” Dean picked up his bag as well as Sam’s before shutting the trunk behind us.

“I’ll be fine so don’t worry. I’m stronger than that.” I answered taking a deep breath of the thick air keeping my eyes on the motel.

“We’ll see if you can handle other things as well then.” Dean muttered and we both headed towards the small check in room that needed some serious work or needed to be torn down completely. Sam walked out holding two sets of keys.

“Here Stella.” He said giving me one and keeping the other. I gladly accepted it and shouldered my duffle bag.

“Thanks Sam.” I half smiled up at the tall man.

“Are you sure you’ll be ok by yourself? I mean if you want I could-” Dean started but a swift elbow to the ribs by Sam stopped him. I chuckled for a few moments while Dean tried to catch his breath glaring at his brother.

“I’m o.k. thanks anyway. Goodnight guys. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I waved to them and headed to my room, number 15. I opened the door and stepped inside the dank, smelly little place and tossed my bags onto the empty bed. I felt lonely instantly. Daisy wasn’t there as usual to welcome me with a hug or anything.

“Come on Stella. Toughen up.” I chided myself kicking my shoes off and grabbing a tank top and some pants to change into while I brushed my teeth trying to ignore the mold growing in the sink. I finished up and stared at my reflection in the mirror but I didn’t see myself I saw a man.

“Woah!” I exclaimed knocking over the cup sitting on the counter in surprise. I turned around but there was no one there. Could it be the voice I was hearing? My heart was fluttering in fear for a few minutes and I waited to see if I would see it again but I didn’t.

“Keep it together. You can’t be going nuts now.” I muttered to myself walking back into the room and turning the lamp on. I ran my hand quickly through my hair looking down at the twin bed before climbing in and picking up the diary my grandma had handed me. I opened the dusty cover from the beginning.

“If I’m ever going to get this guy I need to learn everything I can.” I thought flipping to the first page and began to read.

May 10th 1782

 As the time comes closer to when I must depart from this world I first must leave this journal to my descendents. You must stay strong. Cirian is cunning, he is powerful, but most of all he is the enemy and you must never forget that. My days of fighting him are drawing to a nigh and I know I cannot go on. He is coming and I have nothing to use against him. My time has come. Take this book and use it well and maybe if you fight hard enough, our family can be rid of him once and for all. We are all counting on you. Trust only those who are closest to you he could be using anyone for his biding. The blood of our family is special. Use it to help you do what you must but don’t lose focus or else you will fail.

-Henry Robinson

 Taking a deep breath I touched the blood smeared page written by my ancestor too far back to count how many greats he was.

“’We are all counting on you.’” I closed my eyes contemplating on exactly what that meant. If I didn’t kill this guy, if I didn’t end this… curse, then my children, Daisy’s children and all of their children will never be safe. I couldn’t allow that.