Chapter Five

"Slendy?" I called as I pushed open the door to his room, still recovering from the presence I felt.

Inside, Slendy's room was extremely dull. The walls were black and the carpet was white. A single black throne stood in the center of the room with a diamond chandelier hanging directly above it. Along the walls were several white bookshelves, all filled completely with - wait for it - books. I know, who would have thought?

Realizing that I was still drenched in blood, I stopped myself before taking a step into my tall lover's room. I wouldn't exactly want to ruin his white carpet, would I? He'd probably kill me for real.

"Well, this sucks." Yea, I was in a real predicament. I'd found my current situation to be far more complicated than the maze itself, and I wasn't a big fan of complicated things. That left me with only one option.

I had to strip.

Setting my scalpels safely aside, I kicked my boots off and tossed them down the steps that led straight into the acidic floor from the main hallway. Along with my boots went my pants and my top, leaving me in only my bra and undies. Sadly, even then, I still had traces of blood on me, especially my hair.

"I hope you realize that any dirt or blood you tack into his room immediately evaporates from his carpet to keep it spotless." An unfamiliar voice informed me, and I groaned. Why had they said something earlier before I tossed away a perfectly good Legend of Zelda crop top?

"No, I hadn't realized that." I snapped as I turned to meet my new friend. Standing a few feet away was Eyeless Jack, his blue mask rather plain compared to what I'd imagined, despite being stained by the black goo that came from the empty holes in his head where his eyes should have been.

"I'll get you some clothes from one of the ladies here. Why don't you take a shower? You can use the one in my room." He offered, opening the third door from Slenderman's.

"Slendy's room doesn't have a bathroom?" I wondered.

"It does, but I'm not sure if it has working plumping. It isn't necessary for him." That made sense.

"I'll try it anyway." I wanted to use Slendy's room and only Slendy's room. Just as Eyeless was about to walk away, I called out to him, "Hey, Eyeless Jack. Does it feel weird not having eyes?" I wondered, thinking back to the maze and the way my second sight had taken over.

"It's never felt weird." He answered.

"You lost them as a sacrifice to a demon, right? Because Jenny had asked you to join her little occult, and you couldn't refuse a pretty girl? And in a fit of rage, you killed them all. But what about the kidney thing?" I think it was a rational thing to ask.

"The demon was real, just like most creatures in our mythology, except he wasn't a demon. Czernobog was a Slavic god, God of Night, and he was an evil god. He possessed me that night, used me as an unsuspecting vessel, and played out his cruel joke on me, his supposed sacrificial son. As a part of the joke, he cut out the kidneys of all the people present and made me eat them. I've been unable to stop since." He explained, and I narrowed my eyes as I thought about the earlier presence in the room.

"Slavic god. Does that mean gods exist?" The answer was obvious.

"Yes."