Chapter Ten

It was everywhere. There was no one in our town that hadn't heard the news.

Family Man Kills His Family and Burns Down Home

It was the talk of the town, a nightmare. Whispers could be heard from a mile away about the horror that transpired. Rumors spread and fear placed its roots in a once tranquil town.

"Should you be here?" Ben asked as I walked across the ashes of my home.

"I have to be here." I answered, moving forward with caution and ease. The charred remains of my family home were a sight to behold, truly dark. I shouldn't have been so calm. I should have been sad.

I wasn't.

"What exactly are you looking for, Cinda? Cinders?" He joked, making a play of words with my name, and I rolled my eyes. "It's rude to ignore people."

"It's also rude to kill people, but that's never stopped you." I argued, to which he smirked.

Feeling a second presence appear in our midst, I turned to find Slenderman holding a glass jar in his hands. It was exactly what I was looking for.

"Such a gentleman." I mocked as I stepped forward and retrieved my prize. Ben wrinkled his nose as my tall stalker vanished. Lifting the jar into the sun, I smiled at the pair of grey eyes looking back at me. "Aren't they lovely? Identical to mine in every way, yet also pure. Tainted only with regret and sadness. How pitiful but also beautiful." Within the jar, my father's eyes lay for my keeping.

"I thought I was crazy, but you might be worse." Ben commented as he watched me slide the jar into my purse. "You still have work to be done, Cinda. Your father may have been the one to commit murder-suicide along with arson, but this kill is yours. You have to mark it." The killer informed as he took a seat on the ground and pulled out his Switch.

"My what?" I questioned him, but he didn't respond. You stupid son of a bi- and then it clicked.

A signature. Like Jeff and Slendy and every other Pasta, we needed a signature. We needed to mark our pray, our kills. It was our claim, our statement of existence. Yet, I didn't know what mine should be. I didn't know what I wanted.

What do you want, Cinda? I mentally asked myself as I thought back on this whole dangerous game I was playing. Picking up a charred piece of wood, I moved to the center of the burn and began drawing.

When I was done, Ben simply appeared at my side and said, "Fitting." After that, we returned to the Pasta House, where I narrowed my eyes as I scanned the place over in confusion.

"The house is alive. The layout is always changing to fit its desires." The red eyed freak informed me as Sally made her way into the room with a wicked grin.

"Have you made your mark?" The child wondered as the boy beside me vanished into a computer screen.

"I like pirates. I always have." I started, taking a seat on the couch. "Pirates can go wherever they want, whenever they want. They drink unhealthy amounts of liquor and commit whatever crime they please. However, they always have a goal. They follow the red X. For pirates, there is nothing more valuable than where X marks the spot." I stated as she took a seat beside me. "I want to meet him, Sally. I want to meet the person who got me involved in all of this." I informed.

"You will, Lucinda. He will show himself to you when the time is right. Now is not that time but soon, very soon. He who rules upon us Creepypastas will reveal his grotesque presence to you. Don't rush it. You can question his will all you want, but his word is always final." She told me, and I clenched my fists.

"Eyes are deceiving and cruel." I whispered as the child smiled at me. "My father's eyes spoke of a man who hurt and was hurt. My eyes don't share that same story. Sometimes, they express a girl whose wandered too far beyond the boundaries of good and evil. Other times, they show a child who was loved and treasured but could never care for others with that same regard. Who I am is the greatest mystery. I haven't figured that out yet.

"So when I look into a mirror, and stare into my own eyes, I feel like I'm drowning in confusion and misunderstanding. My eyes tell one story, my heart tells another. My heart has no sympathy, no empathy. My heart disregards the suffering of others and basks in the Hell I carve." I told her as I stood from my spot and moved forward toward the far side where blood dripped from the ceiling. The dark liquid exposed my reflection, and I hated what I saw. "They have to go."

"What does?" The child questioned.

"My eyes." I answered as I pulled my scalpel out from the thigh garter that held it in place.

Sally sat back and watched as I moved the blade under my eyelid. I could feel the instrument scrape against my bone as I pushed the scalpel deeper into my head, turning it upward at the right moment and watching intensely as my eyeball moved forward and out of head. My stomach lurched at the sight of it bulging from its socket.

"That's disgusting." The child in the coral dress commented as I sliced at the optical nerve and muscles that held the eye in place. With a few cuts, it was released from its prison and fell at my feet. With a small groan of pain, I moved to the same with my other eye.

When they were both successful out of their sockets, I turned to Sally as she placed a needle and thin string in my hand. No, I have no idea when or where she got it. Depending completely on my sense of touch, I held my eyelids as I slowly began to sew them together.

"I think I'm going to barf." Tengu commented as he walked in on us. I knew it was him by the sound of his voice.

"Don't be such a baby." Sally scolded him while I ignored the two and finished up my patch job. It wasn't long before I'd successfully sewn my eyelids together.

And then, just like the last time, a second sight came over me. I could see my reflection on the fresh blood on the walls along with every little thing around me. It was a little bit overwhelming, disorientating as well. If I weren't so well adjusted to weird, I might have gotten a headache.

"What are you gonna do with these?" Sally asked as she picked my eyeballs off the floor and examined them.

"Store them." I answered, snatching them away quickly. She was a kid, but she was crazy. She would probably eat them or squeeze them if I didn't reclaim them. "Thanks for your-." I started but was but off by the sound of tearing fabric.

I watched as Sally tore along her dress. When she was done, she held out a long piece of coral cloth toward me. I was stunned for a moment before realization hit me. Of course!

A blindfold.