1

She stared at the results. It seemed this was an ongoing occurrence. They had been trying for three years now and every time they got their hopes up they got the same results. Once again she was staring at a negative pregnancy test. She didn't like to get down on herself about their struggles with conceiving, she had a lot to be grateful for. More than herself she felt bad for Shawn he really wanted a child, he didn't have a father growing up and family meant a lot to him. He made it from the bottom and wanted to have a child he could pass down his businesses to, show he or she the ropes of what it takes to make it in life.
It was easy for them to be optimistic when it didn't happen for them in their first year of marriage. But as time passed their struggles started to worry them. They went to several different doctors and none of them saw anything abnormal.

She threw the test away after sulking in the bathroom for a little while. It was around six in the evening. She got off not too long ago and went straight from work to the drug store, she could use a nap this was draining her emotionally.

She was awaken by being shaken lightly.
"Hmm?" She asked not fully awake.
"I'm home baby" he announced to his wife.
"Congratulations"she sarcastically joked turning over to go back to sleep. He bent over and kissed her neck.
"Wake uppp!"
"Alright, alright" she sat up in bed.
"No good news to share with me huh?" He asked referring to the pregnancy test.
She shook her head no.
He let out a deep sigh "It's.. Alright." She had noticed that this had taken a toll on him, especially the last couple of months. They would have a false alarms and he would get noticeably down, even angry after getting negative results. He was in one of his moods again so she decided to leave him alone for the time being.

It was annoyingly quiet at the dinner table that night.
"Baby say something please.." She pleaded with him.
"I don't really feel like talkin', Bey."
"Why do you do this lately? Why are you punishing me?" She asked.
He was clinching his jaw now "What are you talking about?!"
"You know what I'm talking about you have been shutting down on me every time this happens lately."
"You know what, I'm not even hungry no more" he threw his fork down on the glass plate and got up from the table. There were two extra bedrooms in their loft she guessed that's where he was going. She let a few tears escape as she finished eating at the table alone. She decided she would watch TV in their room until she was ready for bed. The weekend started tomorrow and she had plans but for tonight she decided to be a home body.
She got tired of watching episodes of Snapped but before going to sleep she had decided to go find her husband to convince him to come to bed with her. She searched the two extra rooms, then downstairs and he was nowhere to be found. She sighed along with the undeserving attitude he was giving her lately, this disappearing act also came with it. She called him three times and all three times it went to voicemail. She decided to text him.

Despite the heart felt message and her efforts to level with him he didn't come home that night

Despite the heart felt message and her efforts to level with him he didn't come home that night. Oh well she thought it wouldn't be the first time.