13

Just as Shawn told her they visited their doctor the next morning. They took her vitals and ran routine tests like taking some blood and a urine sample to try to figure out what was making her sick. Beyoncé wanted to object to going to the doctor but she knew her husband wouldn't have it, besides what is she supposed to tell him? I'm not sick baby the guilt of kissing Chance just makes me nauseous. She definitely wasn't going to say that so she went to this doctors visit to ease his mind. The blood work wouldn't come back for at least 24 hours and everything else came back normal so they were free to go.
"Everything looks good Mrs. Carter nothing abnormal here, if there's any foods you think may have made you sick try to stay away from them sometimes stress is a trigger too" the doctor informed her. Beyoncé shook her head in understanding.
"See stop stressing yourself baby I know how hard you work at school with your students ease up I don't need you over doing it at work and being sick at home" he told her on their drive back to the loft.
She smiled softly at him feeling guilty again. He was so concerned for her meanwhile she's hiding this terrible secret from him. She felt herself getting hot all over, then her face got flush.
"Shawn pull over" she was going to be sick again. He pulled over as soon as he could. She swung the car door opened and threw up.
"When we get home I'm calling the doctor back, it can't be nothing" Shawn said worried.
Beyoncé got back in the passengers seat. She tried to hold it in but she broke down crying.
"Woah, woah baby what's wrong you in pain?" Her husband asked. She was crying because she felt sorry for herself she couldn't help but feel this was all punishment for what she did with Chance. Was it a sign from God? Was she going to be sick with herself literally and physically until she told her husband the truth?
"I-I'm just tired" she lied.
"You can sleep when we get home I'll call the doctor and see what she says."
They got back home and she changed then curled into bed. Shawn called the doctor like he said he would. The doctor told him that they would put a rush on the blood test to see if anything was abnormal but until then anything to settle her stomach would be good. She ate the last of the crackers and they were running low on ginger ale so he decided to run to the store.

Her husband was on his side of the bed watching tv when she woke up.
"Hey how do you feel?" He asked.
"A little better, I guess."
"I bought you some stuff for nausea along with more crackers ginger ale and soup" he told her.
"Thank you for taking such good care of me baby" she smiled.
"Of course that's my job .. Bey I think we need to talk about Chance" he said changing the subject.
"Uhh, w-why?" She asked nervously.
"I mean he's been coming in really late the past few days I've had to open the door for him at almost one in the morning I know he usually comes straight in from school he's not here yet and school let out hours ago."
"You're right Shawn I'll talk to him" she assured her husband.

She was in the living room now watching some movie on BET. It was nearly one in the morning she just needed something to keep her occupied, she'd slept for most of the day so she couldn't sleep. She heard the door bell ring. She walked to the door looked through the peep hole then opened it. It was Chance, he was about to storm passed her but she grabbed his arm.
"Sit down we need to talk" she told him.
He looked at her decided she was serious and sat down on the couch.
"You can't abuse the favor we're doing you and come in late like this especially on a school night."
"Sorry" he said in a non convincing tone.
She rolled her eyes "Look Chance I don't know what your problem is but be mindful we both have jobs neither of us like getting woken up out of our sleep to open the door for you."
"Why don't you just kick me out?" He challenged.
"Chance I'm not going to do that you don't have anywhere to go I just want you to abide by some rules."
"Why won't you kick me out I'd be better that way" he told her.
"What do you mean?"
"Then I don't have to see you everyday, last time you saw me you told me to go away so I've been trying to lay low" he admitted.
"I want to help you Chance" she lowered her voice now being mindful her husband was sleeping upstairs.
"You let me stay here it's been days since that kiss happened if you didn't want me around you would say so" he said knowingly.
"I want you safe but I don't want us sneaking around behind my husbands back!"
He got closer to her, they were face to face "So stop me then" he leaned in to kiss her, and just as the last time she didn't move. It was a more innocent peck than before.
"Exactly, goodnight Mrs. Bey." He went upstairs to his room.
It was looking like it was going to be another sleepless night for Beyoncé. What was wrong with her? She knows whatever that's going on with Chance shouldn't be happening but she allows it. Maybe she's punishing Shawn for the argument that happened months ago. Or maybe she actually likes this eighteen year old high school student. By the time she got out of her thoughts it was after 3AM. She decided to go to bed.

Her phone was ringing which woke her out her sleep.
"Hello?" She said sleepily.
"Hi Mrs. Carter it's your doctor, sorry for the early call but we rushed the blood test and wanted you to know about your results right away."
"Okay" she waited for her doctor to continue.

Shawn is working round the clock to make sure Bey gets better. Chance is working round the clock to be a home wrecker. Beyoncé is working my nerves girl I ask again WHAT YOU DOING?! Oh and that cliffhanger tho.