18

Beyoncé was starting to feel good about her decision it was a new day. She wasn't stepping out on Shawn anymore and she had cleared the air with Chance.
"Today I want to see some perspective artwork from y'all, it doesn't have to be anything too intricate I expect it to be done in---" she was trying to do her best to avoid Vic and Chance's laughter. She really didn't want to make any unnecessary contact with him but they had been snickering for a while now.
She decided to just address Victor "Vic, would you like another detention?"
"You don't hear Chance laughing too Mrs. Carter?"
"Both of you need to stop interrupting my class" she warned them.
"Hoe" Vic coughed.
"Victor get out of my class, NOW! Go straight to the principal's office."
Everybody stared in confusion. Nobody knew why Vic would call her a hoe, except of course Chance. She let Vic walk out the class then continued giving her class instructions on their assignment "I want the project done in 3 class periods nothing more it's not a long term assignment."
She sat and watched her class as they took to their easels and worked on their projects. She tried not be rattled by what just happened.
She couldn't help but wonder exactly how much did Chance tell his friend. He's mad at her right now but she hoped he wouldn't go around doing anything stupid.
The bell rang to dismiss the class and the students emptied out.
"Chance! Could you stay back a sec?" She asked.
He gave her this cold look "Sorry Mrs. Carter I have a test next period can't be late."
She sighed and figured he was lying even if that was true what student would want to rush to class for a test. She had other ways of talking to him anyway, after all they did live under the same roof.

She waited up for Chance once she got home. Shawn told her he'd be late tonight. She spotted the dismay on Chance's face when he saw her waiting for him on the couch.
"Chance you can't avoid me forever."
"Why isn't that what you want?" He asked.
She ignored his statement "What was that remark about with Vic today?"
"I don't know ya know he can be disrespectful sometimes" he lied.
"There's disrespect and then there's motive Chance, why would he call me that?"
"Bey-- I mean MRS. Bey I don't know why he would say that maybe he was just in a bad mood" he lied again.
"Chance you didn't tell him anything did you?" She changed her tone so it was softer.
He chuckled "Why would I do that?"
"I don't know Chance you were angry the other day."
"Look I don't know why he called you a hoe maybe he sees something everybody else doesn't" he shot.
She smirked she didn't see that coming but she can't say she didn't deserve it. She decided to let it go.

She walked into class a little late the next day, she was still battling with morning sickness. For some reason she grabbed the whole classes' attention when she walked in.
"Well, good morning" she greeted everyone.
Many of her students began to snicker. She was confused so she looked around to see what was funny.

There was a poster board hanging up in front of the classroom

There was a poster board hanging up in front of the classroom. She immediately recognized the picture as one she had sent to Chance, she had purposely cut off the full picture because she was naked, it was still suggestive enough to make her feel self conscious in front of her class. She ripped the poster down and trashed it. She had an idea of who did this. She tried her best to go along teaching but she was bothered by the event that took place this morning. She figured if she left early she would be admitting guilt. So she stayed the whole day and hoped word wouldn't spread around school, but that's unlikely. Chance wasn't in class today either, it was a good thing for both of them because right now she wanted nothing more than to hurt him. She made it through the day avoiding hallways and trying not to imagine that every snicker she heard from her students had something to do with her, by the time she got home she was mentally exhausted.