9

"Did you bring your letters?" Dr. Robinson asked them.
"Yes" they both answered.
"Who wants to read first?" She asked. They both looked surprised they had no idea they'd be reading the letters out loud.
"Umm, I guess I'll go first.." Beyoncé started.
I love you Shawn. I've known this since our first date. You've shown me so many things and literally watched me mature into the woman I am today. And helped with that process too. When we got married it was the happiest day of my life. We talked for years about starting a family and not being our parents who are both divorced. I know how badly you want to become the father that you didn't have growing up and I want nothing more than to give that to you. I never thought we'd reach some of the lows we have in our marriage but I know we were made for each other. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. For better or for worse.
She looked up when she was done reading to let them know she was finished and wiped the tear that was forming in her eye.
"Mr Carter?" Dr. Robinson was telling him it was his turn to read his letter out loud.
I'm trying not to put the blame on myself or you. I try to look at it in the perspective that you do. You always say maybe it's not in gods timing for us to have a baby right now. With my past and upbringing I gave up on talking to God. I know I love you and I would never want to lose you. I know I do dumb shit sometimes and shut you out. I don't want to be that guy that runs away from his feelings anymore.
"It's short.. Sorry" he said after he read it.
"No that's great Mr. Carter as long as you felt you sat down and wrote what you needed to" Dr. Robinson assured him. She continued "Now from the letters you two wrote if you put them together most of your feelings are the same I hope you two realize that." They both nodded in agreement.
"With that being said if you two focus on what you expressed to each other in the letters and are willing to opening up to each other now that you two have addressed your situation in a healthy way you can build on this, I think you'll be fine mr. and mrs. Carter and if you two think the same our sessions are over, of course you're welcome to make an appointment anytime you need me but I don't see a need to see you two on the regular basis anymore." Beyoncé and Shawn felt like they made leaps and bounds from where they were at their first session they both agreed that they were ready to mend their relationship on their own with the tools Dr. Robinson has given them as guidance. They said their goodbyes and thanked her for all she has done for them.

Shawn noticed Beyoncé was quiet in the car. "You good?"
Her first instinct was to lie, but they just gotten out of counseling a couple minutes ago what better time to start being more open and honest with each other than now? "I'm just worried, Shawn what if we don't do well on our own? What if now that we're out of therapy it just goes down hill."
He took her hand while he was driving "I won't let that happen Beyoncé."
She smiled "I love you."
"I love you more" he brought her hand to his lips then kissed it.