Chapter 22 The Dare

~DARA’S POV~

I joined my hands together and held them up in my chest. Jiyong was smirking while bouncing on his place. I can feel the excitement emanating from him. I looked at Jae and took in a deep breath. He seemed relax but I can’t help but worry over him. I don’t even know if he CAN fight. He looked too gentle for me. But he told me to trust him. I should be at ease, right?

“You’re worried”

“Of course I am” I said, glancing at Seungri. “That’s my boyfriend up there and Jiyong’s my friend”

“Don’t you think you’re being unfair to your boyfriend?” CL asked.

“I-“

“What do you think your boyfriend’s feeling right now? Letting himself hurt just so you could talk to Jiyong?” Bom added.

“And to think that Jiyong doesn’t even consider you as a friend” CL sneered.

“Hey you two, stop that” Youngbae said.

“Both of you are being bitches” Seungri added then turned to me. “Don’t mind them. They’re just jealous of your beauty”

“What?!”

“Why you-!”

“That’s it” Youngbae said and pulled the two girls away. My eyes followed them as they disappeared through the crowd. I bowed my head, feeling guilty.

“You don’t let what other people say about Jiyong get to you” Seungri said, “you should do the same with those two”

I looked up at him and forced a smile. “Maybe because what people say about Jiyong isn’t true” I said. “But what CL and Bom said. . .” I trailed. No, I can’t understand why I’m doing this to Jae. Bom and CL were right. I’m being unfair to him.

“Tsk, I can’t believe he’s cheating”

I went back to my senses. “What do-?”

“Jiyong’s cheating” he said. “Your boyfriend must be really good ‘coz I haven’t seen Jiyong cheated even once” he added. I tensed and looked at the ring. Jae was lying flat on his stomach while Jiyong was grappling him. I don’t anything unusual. How is Jiyong cheating on Jae? I can’t understand it.

Jae’s face started to go really red. I started to get nervous, too. I bit my lower lip when we made eye contact. Jiyong’s hold on Jae tightened, making me squeak. I buried my face in my hands. I don’t think I could watch this.

“Please tell them to stop” I said, my face still buried in my hands.

“There’s no way it could be stopped” Seungri said. “Don’t worry your boyfriend’s starting to cheat, too. They’re even now”

I slowly pulled my face out of my hands. I can’t understand what Seungri means when he said “cheating”. Everything seemed normal to me. And how could they cheat?

I watched the match intensely. I was pretty surprised with Jae. I didn’t know he could fight and I can tell he’s a good one, too eventhough I’m quite ignorant to this kind of stuff. Hi moves seemed more relaxed, analyzed and studied compared to Jiyong. Jiyong’s more like the aggressive one, instinct driven. I can’t help but winced or ball my fists everytime they hurt each other.

The crowd went to wild bursts of shouts as they were now exchanging fierce and intense blows. I don’t know that much about fights but I could tell from the faces of people that this is the best match they’ve ever seen so far.

“Your boyfriend’s pretty good” Seungri said as Jae sent Jiyong flying to the opposite side of the ring. “Jiyong’s having a hard time”

I didn’t say anything. The fight seemed getting dirtier and brutal. I closed my eyes and bowed my head. I think I had enough already but why am I not doing anything to stop it? Well, because I wanted Jae to win so I could to Jiyong. I suddenly felt guilty.