Chapter 11 The Visit

o=o=o

I was driving home when I saw Kwon Jiyong went into the cemetery again. I past by it when I decided to stop. I stepped out of the car and went into the cemetery. I saw a dark silhouette up ahead. I called him but he didn’t stop nor respond. I take it he got his headphones on again. I started running but then, I tripped. I quickly pushed myself up and looked up, only to find him gone.

Where’d he go?

The stillness and coldness of the night suddenly dawned on me. I looked around, my heart beating hard against my chest. I suddenly felt an overwhelming fear. I slowly retreated, looking here and there when the sound of a branch breaking made me jump and squeak.

I felt goose bumps all over as I past some tombstones. I turned around and was about to run when a crow suddenly flew in front of me. I was able to stop myself from screaming. I clutched my chest and tried to calm myself down.

“It’s just a bird, Dara” I told myself.

“You shouldn’t be here” a male voice from my right said. I jumped again, eyes growing wide. Slowly, the person stepped out of the shadows.

“I . . . I was j-just. . .” I stammered. The guy inclined his head to the side, his dark eyes curiously staring at me.

“Are you lost?” he whispered in a slow voice.

“No, I was just. . .” I trailed, forcing my feet to move as he started advancing on me. The crow suddenly screeched, making me jump again. The guy whistled and I heard a rustle. The crow flew towards the person and settled on the guy’s shoulder.

“Why are you here?” he asked.

“I was just following a. . .” I trailed. Oh dear! “Ahm, I should go” I croaked and sidestepped but he suddenly blocked my way.

“You look scared” he noticed.

Oh God! Please help me!

“Well, this is a cemetery so it’s kind of creepy” I chuckled nervously.

“Then why did you come here?” he asked in a low voice. He started advancing on me again. I took a step back, my eyes never leaving him. Then, I abruptly turned around and ran. I looked behind me and saw that the person didn’t stop walking. I felt something solid and warm that I screamed again. A hand covered my mouth.

“Jesus!”

I looked up and saw Kwon Jiyong. I wanted to cry from relief but the way his eyes looked drove my relief away. He removed his hand away from my mouth. Before he could utter a word, I beat him to it.

“There’s a guy who-“ I started and looked behind me but I saw no one.

“Seungri, what the f*cking hell are you doing?” I heard Jiyong asked. I looked back at him again, frowning. Who is he talking to?

“I was just hanging out with Youngbae when she arrived” a voice from my left said. I jumped again. How did he get over beside me so fast?

“Y-you know him?” I asked. Kwon Jiyong looked at me, eyes narrowed into tiny slits.

“What the fucking hell are you thinking?” he gritted.

“I saw you went in here. I got curious so I followed you” I explained shamelessly. “Were you. . . were you visiting your father?”

I heard the person called Seungri laughed the same time the crow on his shoulder screeched.

“Go home” Jiyong said.

“But-“

“Go home” he repeated. “This is not a place for someone like you”

“In shirt, mind you own business” Seungri said which was followed by another screech from the crow; I can’t help but glare at the guy. He’s rude. Now I know why Kwon Jiyong is rude. This Seungri guy is a bad influence!