Chapter 13: Operation Meltdown

Natsu's PoV

It was a tough time getting all the fire mages to gramps' office, mainly because of what Lucy screamed in the guild. An annoyed look appears on my face as I remember the events. "What is it Natsu? Your rash playing up?" Macao smirks. "Shut up old man!" A tic mark revealing itself. "What did you call us here for, Natsu-nii?" Romeo asks, ignoring the tension between me and his father. "Lucy needed us for some reason." I shrug. "Alright guys! Come on through!" Lucy jumped out of nowhere, scaring the crap out of everybody.

When we were all in, gramps' face looked grim. "What's wrong master?" Ersa asked. I got her in because she has fire armour. Master looked to Lucy and she nodded. "Does anybody know what this is?" She asked the group, pushing a book towards us and pointed at a certain picture. "That's a mimic. Dreadful creatures. They take over your soul and can get you to do anything, also go into your brain and find your secret. They became extinct a couple years back." Macao explained. "Can't be. We killed one up in mount Hakabai." I said back, slightly confused. "They used to be extinct. A powerful man regenerated them. When you found that one on the mountain, I believe they'll be some more. That is why I called you here today." Master started, standing up on his desk. "I want you all to go up there and try to defeat the rest of them. Mermaid heel, Blue Pegasus and Quatros Serbeus will be meeting you up there. But, and this is the most important point, do not let it touch you. Do you understand?" Master points at us commandingly. We all nod, partially scared of his attitude towards the subject. "Lucy, you inform them in further detail on the way there. See you when you get back!" He returns to his drunken personality and we all run off to our destination.

"Alright everybody! First thing you need to know is that mimics attack randomly, if one comes after you, it is most likely being controlled by an extremely powerful ice Mage. So, keep an eye out for any suspicious characters." Lucy explains as we walk the pathway to Mount Hakabai. Then, Romeo put his hand up. "Miss Lucy, what if you things touch us?" He asks. "It will hurt like hell froze over. You will collapse and feel like something is crawling around inside you. If you have any secrets or information they want, it will feel like your brain is being torn apart. You don't want that to happen to you." She turns around and kneels down to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "How do you know all of this, Luce?" I ask. She looks up shocked for a second before looking at her feet and standing back up. "I've had many experiences Natsu. It takes I while to get over them." Still looking to the ground she turns back to the direction we're walking in and continues. Every fire wizards looks at each other in shock until we follow after her, hesitation in our hearts.

Lucy's PoV

When we get to the cliffs of Mount Hakabai, we see multiple people from different guilds. "Fairy Tail! It's a pleasure for you to join us." A chubby female with a Mermaid Heel emblem on her shoulder. "Miss, it is a pleasure to meet you. I am Hibiki Lates." A ginger haired boy kneels down to kiss my hand. "I-I'm Lucy H-Heartfilia Fullbuster. N-Nice to meet you too." I blush, never having been treated like this took a toll on my little girl feelings. Suddenly, two more strange men kneel down before me. "I'm Eve Tearm! Will you be my big sister!" The little, blonde one stands by my side and holds my arm. "Ren, Ren Akatsuki. I guess you're alright." The black haired, darker toned guy stands up and brushes his hand through his hair. Baffled by their odd behaviour, all I can say are strange ums and mumbling noises. "Erza! Such beauty, it must be celebrated!" A fat, stubby, ginger haired, old man jumps from a nearby tree in Erza's direction. She immediately pulls her fist up and hits him square in the face, making him fly back to the same tree he flew from. "Ichiya, hello." Erza cringes as she tries to wipe the germs off her hand. "Such cruelty! It makes me want to strive for you even more!" He wails. "You're looking wild!" A scary looking man with purple armour and a bottle of alcohol in his hand wobbles over to us. "Howdy!" A girl from Mermaid heel with ginger hair in plaits runs over with her group behind her. "Is everybody here?" Porli emerges from a group of trees beside us. "Where did you come from?!" A blonde from Quatro Cerberus with bushy brows jumps out of his skin. "Yeah Porli! We should hurry up. It's almost midday." I cheer, escaping from the clutches of the Blue Pegasus boys.

As we're walking to the top of this frozen wasteland, I start talking with Erza. "Who was that creep from Blue Pegasus?" I whisper as we walk in the back. "He's one of the strongest of the guild. He's a very respectful man, on contrast with his personality." She sweat drops. "What about the triplets?" I point at the three boys who keep trying to flirt with Mermaid heel or us constantly. "They're strong in there own ways as well. They're the strongest team in Blue Pegasus, Ichiya is their leader." She informs me. "I see." I was quite intrigued. "They're all entire flirts, but I heard Ren is in a relationship." One of the girls of Mermaid heel. It was Millianna, an old friend of Erza's. "Really? With who?!" I whisper back, in need of some major gossip. "I don't know, but rumour has it, she's bad news and used to be part of the Lamia Scale guild." Risley whispers back. "Woah, didn't that guild disperse?" I gasp. "Yeah, apparently she and a few of 'em went a lil' crazy and no ones seen them since a couple of months ago." Beth put on a worried face. "Woah, that's gotta be tough on Ren." I sigh. "Come on girl! Stop gossiping! We're almost there!" Macao shouts from up ahead. I immediately leap over to him and cover his mouth. "They may have impaired hearing, but they sense of vibrations is insanely increased. Also, you'll create an alvalanche with that mouth of yours." I shot glare from behind him. He nods and I slowly retract my hand. "Now, no talking unless you see anything." I command and walk ahead of everyone else, but I could shake off the feeling someone could be following us.

(Hi guys! Sorry it took so long to update, I feel so bad T~T! At least it's up now XD. I hope you enjoy reading! See yah later my little storm clouds.)