Chapter 14: An Ambush!

Lucy's PoV

As we scale the mountain, I start feeling to cold getting to me. "L-Lucy?" Kagura stutters, surprisingly because of her formal attitude from earlier. "What did I say about not talking." I whisper back, getting slightly anxious. "Look down woman!" Araña gasps, pointing at my body. I look down and see that I've removed my clothing, except for the few undergarments. I gasp and crouch down, trying to cover myself. "Is stripping a family thing, or magic thing?" Romeo snickers and I scowl at him. As you can see, I'm not in the best of moods. I still feel like we're being watched, but I can't see anything through the blizzard. "Here Luce, take this." Natsu blushes and puts his jacket over my shoulders, kneeling down to the buckle. "But aren't you going to get cold?" I blush as he ties the belt around my waist. I had seen that everyone from Blue Pegasus, Quatro Cerberus and Macao had fainted, probably from blood lose. "I'm a dragon slayer, I don't get cold easily." He smiles his goofy smile and we both stand up, me still blushing.

Suddenly, we feel a rumbling by our feet and a piecing screech echoing around us. We cover our ears and the fainted wake up. "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!" Jäger cried. "EVERYONE DUCK FOR COVER!" I commanded and everyone scurries around. I look up and see what I expected. Mimics. Yet, there were more than expected, much more. There had to be at least a hundred. "PREPARE FOR BATTLE!" Erza requiped into her fire empress armour and we all took our stances. Along the way, the snow had calmed down. My senses heightened. I could've looked around to where I felt the eyes coming from, but I'd rather not die. I analysed the situation. 25 to the south, 25 to the west, the same goes for east and north. There's 21 of us. And the strongest of Fairy Tail almost got whipped out by one of them! Oh this is not good. I cry in my head. "Erza! You take Mermaid Heel to the north sector!" I command, feeling my military personality taking over. She nods to me and their group flies off. "Macao and Romeo, take Cerberus to the east!" I point to them. "And Natsu and I will go with Blue Pegasus." I sigh, noticing my choices. "Alright men! FIGHT FOR THE WOMEEEENNN OF THE WORLD!" Ichiya pronounces age his team cheers with him. "You can sense him too, can't you." Natsu whispers to my, standing beside me but facing the opposite way. "Of course I can, but he needs to see this." I tell him and block an on coming attack from a mimic. "Don't let the attacks touch you! Do you understand!" I set my hand a blaze and turning to our sectors of mimics.

Yes, we had both south and west, I knew we'd be able to take them because I've dealt with them before, a lot more than anyone else here.

Natsu also made fire with his hand and Ichiya brought out a vial. "My parfum will vanquish these demons!" He chants, twiddling his fingers at the tube of liquid, jumping up and twirling around, making his potion float towards one of our enemy. The 'parfum', as he called it, lightly touched the mimics nose and it melted at an instant. Natsu and I looked, gobsmacked, as he simply smirked. "ARCHIVE MAGIC! FIRE INFERNO!" Hibiki chanted and see through screens appeared in front of him. He tapped a symbol on the highest screen and fire poured out of that finger. He span around and used the fire as some sort of whip, slicing a two mimics in half. "AIR MAGIC! HEATED WIND!" Ren commands and a huge gusted of warm air retracted from his palms. The invisible spell rushed over to a mimic and melted its head off. Gory, I know. "Lucy! Give me a hand!" Eve called over and I shot over to him. "Seeing as I use snow magic, you'll have to help me on this one. Okay, big sister?" I smiled. I cringed in the inside and nodded. I heated my body temperature to its highest point and Eve stood behind me. "If you won't mind me putting my hands here." He put his hands on top of mine and raised them to arms height. "Sure." I shrug and he began changing his spell.

Natsu's PoV

How can she let him touch her like that? I mean, she's not my girlfriend or anything like that, but she's still my best friend. I should finish off my lot and go intercept. I thought as I watched Luce and that blonde kid from Blue Pegasus, who clearly had a sister problem, performing spells with each other. "FIRE DRAGON! ROAR!" I used all my anger to whip out a quarter of my share. This is going to be had.

???'s PoV

What does she think she's doing!? I watch from afar as a certain group of wizards stand before a sh*t ton of Mimics. I have to save her! But, she didn't want me here, she's get angry at me then. She might not forgive her this time. What have they gotten themselves into.

Another ??'s PoV

My plan is coming together quickly. Soon my little experiment will be complete and I can fulfil my destiny. Too bad such a gorgeous specimen must be used. Oh well, it'll be over quickly, so she won't feel the pain.

(Hi guys! Sorry this took so long! But don't worry, I'm on summer break now so hopefully I'll be updating more. Thanks again for all the love this book's been getting lately and hope you enjoyed this my lovely little storm clouds!)