Magic Theory and Nashi

Lucy's POV

  "Hey Lucy?" I look at Natsu. "Yeah?" "Am I just a soulless body right now? Minus the END soul?" I shake my head. "Hm. Not exactly. I guess you could say you have two souls. One is END, the soul of a demon. Then there is the human soul of you." "Two?" I nod and swing my legs back and forth over the edge of the roof. "Yeah. Your human one is the one that you've always had. This partially will go into Zeref's half but he got your human one 'back' and put END soul inside of you. He realized it was a mistake so he sealed the END soul in the book of END and put the human soul back inside of you." "Hm. A bit confusing but ok. I have a bit of a theory here if you'll listen?" "Of course I'll listen!" "Ok so what you're saying is that I have one and a half souls in me that both technically belong to me?" I nod and stroke his hand to motion him to continue. "So since one of them has magic, my human soul, and END soul, which has curse power. Since both are combined and both are equally strong, it disables both so I can't use magic or curses."

I open my mouth to say something but he interrupts. "Nashi was born with both and she can harness the power from both. But we weren't born with curses so we can't harness it. Thus disabling both." I tilt my head, speechless. "Wow. That actually sounds reasonable. I half expected you to say 'because this soul is stupid'" I ignore his glare and look down at Nashi, who was walking her last lap. "When we visit Zeref tell him that theory." Natsu nods then looks down at Nashi. "Lets go greet her then?" I look at him and nod. We both jump down the roof and land on our feet. Nashi squeaks. "Hi!" I giggle. "Hey. Good job. You need a break or are you ready for the next one?" "I could use a snack" Natsu disappears and comes back with an apple. "Here squirt." He hands her the apple. She snatches it and eats it like Natsu usually does. I sweatdrop as Natsu laughs. She throws the apple core behind her. I raise an eyebrow. "Your lucky that was food and not a wrapper otherwise you'd be grounded for littering." Nashi shrugs. "I know. But it's an apple core." I glance at Natsu, who was glancing at me. "Are you alright baby girl?" She looks at me. "I'm fine. Why?" I tilt my head. "You seem...tired. You still want to do this?" "Yeah" I glance at Natsu when she's not looking. "Sword fighting or archery Natsu?" He catches the look in my eye. "Sword fighting. I'll get the swords and practice sword."

A few minutes later, Natsu comes out with the bag of swords. Nashi was sitting down under a tree while I was in the middle of the yard. "Lucy" I look at Natsu. I lower my voice to a quiet whisper. "Anything?" He lowers his voice as well. "Yeah. Its faint. Foreign. We'll investigate when she's sleeping." I nod. Natsu sets the bag down and grabs two swords. "You ready squirt!" "Yeah!" She stands up and runs over, much faster than she usually is. I grab my tail and wrap it around my stomach, Natsu doing the same. "Why do you do that?" I look at her. "We move quickly and our tails fly in the air. Since we have swords, sharp ones at that, there's a high chance we could cut our tails off if we don't do this." "What about your wings?" Natsu answers this one. "Those too. But we usually wear a jacket over them." Natsu tosses me a jacket. I catch it then put it on. "Your just watching today kiddo. Tomorrow your mom is going to teach you basic maneuvers." "Right" Me and Natsu walk a few ways. "Stand back."

As me and Natsu clash swords at incredible speeds, we also talk. "Something's not right Lucy" "I can see that. She's not acting right. I know my baby. Usually at the mention of grounded she squeaks and rights her wrong. Not just act like she doesn't care." "She's faster as well. Then the after tone in her scent." I nod "Yeah. Kinda.....rubbery?" "Yeah." "I don't see it being Gray. He smells like Ice and blueberries. He's out of the question. So...who could it be?" I glance at Nashi, who was watching in awe. I block the blow Natsu was aiming for my face. "One of Zeref's stupid followers?" Natsu tilts his head. "Maybe. We're powerless so we'll have Zeref help." "Yeah." I twitch my nose at a scent and jump out of the way of Natsu's attack. Me and Natsu both stop. "What's wrong mom?" I glance at Nashi. In an instant, Natsu is behind Nashi and pinning her hands behind her back. "What's going on mom! Let me go dad!" I walk towards them. "Who are you and what have you done to my daughter!" Nashi cracks her neck. "Oh? You found out?" I growl and grab her head. "I know my daughter. You missed a few things bastard. Let her go or so help me I'll-" "You'll do what bitch?" My eyebrow twitches but I let the thing talk. "You can't even use magic! Nether can pinkie behind me! You won't hurt this girls body." My lip twitches. Natsu lifts an eyebrow.

"Is that a challenge? So what if I can't use magic. We can still fight. Besides...." I hear a poof behind me, signaling Loke is back. "I have someone who can. So what can you do anyways? What'll you do?" I get up in Nashi's face. "Give me my daughter back or we'll kill you. I ain't afraid of hurting her." Natsu's lips twitch into a smirk. "Tell me your name and why you stink?" Nashi roars in anger. "Bitch!" "Am I missing something?" I hear Loke ask. Natsu rolls his eyes. "Something is possessing her." "Need help?" I glance back. "In a minute. So tell me? What is your name!" "Name's Kairos. I was sent here by a special someone to retrieve master END" Loke tenses. I roll my eyes. "How clique. So what makes you so special Kairos?" "I can steal souls" I gasp and step back. "Loke!" "On it!" He rushes forward with glowing fists and punches Nashi in the face. Kairos screams and a black mist like thing leaves Nashi's body and disappears. Nashi slumps down and faints. Natsu catches her. I look at Loke. "Thanks for helping Loke. We knew she was being possessed for a few hours but we couldn't act on it. Couldn't have done it without you." Loke bows. "Anything for you" Ignoring Natsu's glare. "Here Lucy" I grab my keys from Loke. "Thanks. I'll see you again?" Loke nods. "Yeah. Just call my name and I'll be here." I nod and Loke disappears.