Chapter 6

(Y/N) P.O.V

Thomas tried not to look at any of the bodies as he stood up. He half walked, half stumbled to Newt letting go of my hand. Newt was still standing by the bank of the light switches, his horrorfied gaze darting throught the corpes throughout the room.

I slowly walked over to them avoided the hanging horrors. It smelt horrible. Minho and I joined them, him swearing under his breath. Our fellow gladers were emerging from the dorm room, shouting as they realized what they were seeing. I heard a couple throw up, or at least gagging and spitting. I felt the need to throw up but I pushed it down. What happened? How could everything be taken away from us so fast? My stomach tighten up and threatened to bowl over.

Thomas was acting strange. His jaw was clentched and his eyes were bolted shut. Newt gave me a look. I gave him one back and shrugged my shoulders.

"Tommy," Newt said reaching out to squeeze his shoulder. "What's bloody wrong with you?"

Thomas opened his eyes, probaly realizing that he was doubled over, arms wrapped around his stomach. He slowly straightened, but you could tell he was panicked. He searched for my eyes and I finally looked at him. His eyes were filled with panic and a little anger. But the anger dissapered when he looked at me.

"What do you think? Look around us." He said

"Yeah but you look like you were in pain Thomas" I said slightly angry.

He pulled me toward him grabbing me by the waist and slowly touching his forehead to mine like in a romantic film.

"I'm fine---just trying to reach her in my mind. But I can't. He whispered to me.

He wasn't fine. He hated reminding me he could also talk to Teresa. I understood his worried. And if all these people were dead......"We've gotta find where they put her," he blurted out letting go of me. He scanned the room, trying his best not to focus on the dead bodies, looking for a door that might lead to her room. His eyes landed on a yellow door with a brass handle.

"He's right," Minho said to the group. "Spread out, find her!"

"Might've already." Thomas was on the move now. I was surpirsed by how quickly he had recovered his senses. He ran toward the door and I followed dodgeing tables and boddies. She had to be in there, safe like they had been. The door was closed and locked and that was a good thing. Maybe she was just sleeping that's why Tom couldn't reach her.

He almost reached the door when he he stopped. "Someone grab the fire extinguisher!" He yelled over his shoulder. The smell was awful I gagged as I sucked in a breath.

"Winston, go get it," Minho ordered behind him.

Thomas reached the dorr first and and tried the handle. It didn't budge, locked tight. Their noticed the same time he did a small, clear-plastic display hanging on the wall to the right, about five inches square. A sheet of paper had been slipped into the thin slot, several words typed on its surface.

Teresa Agnes. Group A, Subjecy A1.
The Betrayer.

Oddly, the thing that stood out the most was ber last name to me. Teresa Agnes. Why her I had never heard of her. Of course all their name names were a joke to WICKED or whoever had doen this to them. One day I couldn't wait to meet my mother and father if they were still with us.

After daydreaming Minho snapped his fingers infront of Thomas's eyes. "Hello? Calling Thomas? Not a good time to daydream. Lots of dead bodies, smells like Frypans pits. Wake up."

Thomas turned to him. "Sorry. Just thought it was weird that Teresas last name was Agnes."

Minho clicked his tongue. "Who cares about that? What's this freakin' stuff about her being the Betrayer?"