Chapter 12-The truth

Disappointments are just God's way of saying: I have got something better. Be patient,live life and have faith.

REVISED

***Abby's point of view***

"Jaimee, I am sorry. I can't pay you yet. I don't have any job at this moment." I said to Jaimee when were inside the powder room. It's just the both of us inside that's why I open up my dilemma.

She hold my hand. "It's okay. It's nothing."

My eyes wide open. "Come on. Ten thousand is ten thousand. You said you need to save money coz Justin and you were living together. You need the money to get started. With the wedding and the baby coming..."

"It is okay. The money is not mine though."

"I thought that is your bonus? If the money is not yours, then who?"

She got scared when I met his gaze in the mirror. "It's from Harry."

"Harry?" I leaned in the bathroom wall.

"How the hell Harry came in this? You don't talk and you don't see each other, right?"

"Do you still remember when you met him in starbucks? You're borrowing money from me but I don't have money. He called me and he asked if you have a problem."

"How the hell will he know that I have a problem?"

"He noticed that you're only drinking water and you didn't order a coffee. He knows you. If you have money, you'll surely order some coffee. That's why he called me. I said that you have a lot of problems. That you didn't get your salary in the office and the ATM machine ate your ATM card. That your only money left was stolen from you."

I brushed my hair with my fingers. "Jaimee! Why did you tell him that?"

"Of course. That's the real thing that happened to you."

"I don't want to be pitied."

"That's not what he wants either. That's just help. He just used me to give it to you coz he know that you won't accept it if he will be the one to give it to you. Then you will always deny that you can handle everything but you can't."

"I hate you Jaimee! You already know that I don't want Harry helping me. And as much as possible I don't want him to know all of the embarassing stuff about me!"

Her eyes started to tear. "I just want to help you but I don't have money. I'm happy that Harry is still concerned about you."

I started to panicked when she started to cry. Then I remember that Preggo's are very sensitive. I hugged her. "Don't cry, Jaimee. I'm not mad at you. It's just that Harry..." I rolled my eyes. "Why in the world Harry will help me?"

The moment that I saw Harry's girlfriend all of my fantasy about him were gone, and the fact that I want to marry him someday. I already missed my chance. He started a new life. If I will still accept his help and attention to me, how will I recover? I don't want to get my hopes up to him.

"He's just the only one who offered help. Don't be mad to Harry, he just wanted to help you."

"Harry and I need to talk."